LWK 14.5 Audio Sync Issues 2 weeks, 1 day ago #212553

• borntodeal
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Hello friends,

Here's my issue.

I hired a camera operator and he used a DSLR

For some reason, the camera split a single take into two files.

When I place them both on the timeline and go frame-by-frame, they glue together beautifully...no jump or issue there.

I have separate audio files and on this and another project for some reason when I import audio onto the timeline the files don't line up with the audio.

I match them to the slate but eventually as I scan through the timeline the audio becomes out of sync at some point.

I am placing the files here in a link for anyone if you can look and let me know what I am doing wrong.

I have never had this issue in the past. I also had this issue with a Zoom recorder file of 45 minutes in length that would eventually fall out of sync with an iPhone video.

This issue is only occurring on long takes. For short takes everything is butter.

What am I doing wrong?

Here are the files: we.tl/t-KvGEDWoHhS
"Don't use a hammer if a screwdriver will do..."

Christopher Matthew Spencer
Global Business Team
kathy ireland® Worldwide

Re: LWK 14.5 Audio Sync Issues 2 weeks, 1 day ago #212558

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Hello,

I don't think that the audio files are the cause of the problem, more likely wrong pre-ingest settings for audio only media. See if this post referring to V14.5 contains any helpful information:

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=8&id=205318&Itemid=81#205332

If you run 2020 beta, when importing audio-only, pre-ingest sync is set according to the project frame rate select in 'Project.Output.Format', e.g if the project frame rate is set to 29.97 fps, pre-ingest sync is set to 29.97 fps.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: LWK 14.5 Audio Sync Issues 2 weeks, 1 day ago #212559

• borntodeal
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 1 day ago
So helpful!
"Don't use a hammer if a screwdriver will do..."

Christopher Matthew Spencer
Global Business Team
kathy ireland® Worldwide
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds