Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Play Head not Playing (on spacebar or play button)

Play Head not Playing (on spacebar or play button) 2 weeks, 5 days ago #212371

Hi,

Running Lightworks for the first time in months, and now the play head/video does not play on spacebar or play button input. Instead, the play head will jump back to the beginning of the time-line.

Sometimes the play issue corrects itself, but most of the time it doesn't work. It all worked 100% before, months ago.

I can scrub through the time-line/videos with the arrow keys and view with ease.

I've tried update ver 14.5 and ver 2020.1, but still have the same results.

I've attached the diagnostics file.

My System:
Asus i5 Notebook (Intel Core 8250U CPU 1.6GHz - 1.8GHz)
16GB RAM
2GB GPU
250GB SSD (with 8.5GB FREE) and a 1TB HDD (800GB FREE)
Windows 10 PRO (64Bit)
Last Edit: 2 weeks, 5 days ago by ieden.media@gmail.com.

Re: Play Head not Playing (on spacebar or play button) 2 weeks, 5 days ago #212373

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 5 days ago
Hello,

Please make a new sequence, insert some media and see if the issue persists on the new sequence.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Play Head not Playing (on spacebar or play button) 2 weeks, 3 days ago #212462

NOPE! No joy, in fact, the program is so slower and hanging with everything I try to do, lagging like crazy.

It's a pity, cause there are some aspects of the software I enjoy for quick edits!

I've re-activated my Adobe Premier though, your new updates are simply just a huge new bug!

Let us know when you fix it, and maybe I'll have another go. Sorry guys, it was working so nice the first time around.

PS: I thought that maybe because I use "Voice Meter Banana" a software mixer, that your software might have issues with that. I did, however, assign the audio in Windows Settings (same as I had to do for Adobe Premier) to your software, AND tried with these settings AND TRIED WITHOUT Voice Meter software running, but no luck!

Re: Play Head not Playing (on spacebar or play button) 2 weeks, 3 days ago #212464

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 3 days ago
We all use the tools we know best and can afford.

Just to say, if something worked 100% a few months ago and now it doesn't, you've changed something. The question is what?

I don't expect to receive an answer from you on this.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 2 weeks, 3 days ago by hugly.

Re: Play Head not Playing (on spacebar or play button) 2 weeks, 3 days ago #212465

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 weeks, 3 days ago
The spacebar not working is probably something on your machine that has changed since the last time you've used Lightworks. You could check if "l" operates play and "K" stop.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds
Scroll To Top