Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [HELP] Adding An Image Effect Into My Project Kills Framerate?

[HELP] Adding An Image Effect Into My Project Kills Framerate? 3 weeks, 1 day ago #212215

• kmraz
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 weeks, 1 day ago
Hello, really weird thing going on. If I add the logo for my company into the footage I've edited, it seems to bring the frame rate from 60FPS to 30FPS.

Am I possibly doing something wrong?

Re: [HELP] Adding An Image Effect Into My Project Kills Framerate? 3 weeks, 1 day ago #212221

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 weeks, 1 day ago
Hello,

That sounds strange.

Could you post your computer details, including Lightworks and OS version and a Mediainfo report of your footage, please. www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=23&id=66072&Itemid=81#66072

What effect do you use to add this logo and what is the format and the resolution of the image?

When saying "it seems to bring the frame rate from 60FPS to 30FPS", do you mean you see constant slow motion after adding the image overlay or laggy/choppy playback?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 3 weeks, 1 day ago by hugly.

Re: [HELP] Adding An Image Effect Into My Project Kills Framerate? 3 weeks ago #212272

• kmraz
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 weeks ago
Thanks, I am using Lightworks Pro 14.5. I am using Image Key to get the image onto the screen.

The playback is choppy but only on the section that the logo is Image Key'd onto. The video runs at 60 FPS up until that point. I could send the file over to you so you can see if I'm doing something wrong?

Running an ASUS VivoBook with an Intel i5-8250U and 8GB of RAM. Nothing crazy but should still be good enough to do some light video editing, no?

Re: [HELP] Adding An Image Effect Into My Project Kills Framerate? 3 weeks ago #212275

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 weeks ago
The question is what is "some light video editing"?

Video editing is like tractor pulling, the computer is the tractor and media and complexity of the timeline are the load.

To reduce the load you can use the internal proxy workflow, try and tell how it works for you:

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=217&id=194770&Itemid=81#194787
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: [HELP] Adding An Image Effect Into My Project Kills Framerate? 3 weeks ago #212277

• kmraz
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 weeks ago
hugly wrote:

Video editing is like tractor pulling, the computer is the tractor and media and complexity of the timeline are the load.

To reduce the load you can use the internal proxy workflow, try and tell how it works for you:

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=217&id=194770&Itemid=81#194787

I will try it right now thanks!

Re: [HELP] Adding An Image Effect Into My Project Kills Framerate? 3 weeks ago #212285

• kmraz
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 weeks ago
hugly wrote:

So when I create a proxy for the .PNG image file that was causing the lag it seems like it loses its transparency. Even after added an FX onto it. Would making an image file a proxy cause that?

Re: [HELP] Adding An Image Effect Into My Project Kills Framerate? 3 weeks ago #212289

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 3 weeks ago
It's not common to make a proxy of an image file imported using an image key effect. In fact it negates the major advantage of using that effect - the fact that you're able to work with the image at its native resolution. I'm sure that hugly meant that you should use proxies for your media, not your company logo.

Try that and check the exported result. Let us know if it fixes things.

Re: [HELP] Adding An Image Effect Into My Project Kills Framerate? 3 weeks ago #212293

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 weeks ago
A proxy from the video will probably lower the overall load on your system (especially the CPU).

High resolution images put more load on the GPU than the CPU. But if you use the GPU built into your i5-8250U, then maybe a higher GPU load could also reduce the CPU capacity, because the total power is limited on these mobile processors?

Also note that your project settings can significantly affect the GPU load.
Format 720p is more efficient than 1080p or higher. This also applies to format settings with other frame rates. Note, however, that some effects in the preview produce different results if the preview differs from the export format.
8 bit GPU precision is often more efficient than the other settings. In some cases you may need more for some effect settings and export.

The PNG image dimensions also affect the GPU load and memory used by the GPU. Of course, I don't know if the image can be resized before import without losing quality.
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 2020.1 & 14.5; || Windows 10, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || shared RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)
Last Edit: 3 weeks ago by schrauber.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds
Scroll To Top