Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Picture shuttle

How do I change shuttle speed 4 weeks, 1 day ago #211887

How do i shuttle the picture faster? entering l+l+l doesn't work. Is this a new topic? I got a bollocking for starting 'Too many new topics' Pls advise. regards, Adrian.

How do I change shuttle speed 4 weeks, 1 day ago #211888

• David Rasberry
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 weeks, 1 day ago
adrian a golding wrote:
How do i shuttle the picture faster? entering l+l+l doesn't work. Is this a new topic? I got a bollocking for starting 'Too many new topics' Pls advise. regards, Adrian.

New topic, new thread. Updates to old topics use the original thread. One thread per topic.

This is a new topic.
Razz

Digital Bolex 2k Cinema DNG raw camera
Canon GL2 DV camcorder
iPAD Mini 3 Iographer rig

Workstation: Intel i7-4770k, Asrock Z87 Thunderbolt 2 MB, 16GB 1866 DDR3 ram,
2TB Seagate Hybrid system drive, 2TB Seagate NAS media drive, E-sata III hot swap drive bay, Nvidia GTX760 2GB GPU
Lightworks kybrd. Shuttlepro v2
Win10 Pro 64bit, Lightworks 14.0 64bit

Mobile Workstation: MSI GTX72 Dominator
Intel i7-6700HQ 2.7GHz Win10 64bit
16GB DDR4 ram, 500GB M.2 SSD
Nvidia GTX970 3GB GPU
USB3, USB3.1-C, Thunderbolt 3 ports
Shuttlepro2 Win10 64bit LW 14.0 64 bit

Picture shuttle 4 weeks, 1 day ago #211890

l=l=l does not increase picture shuttle speed. What does?
I am using last version before 2020 upgrade.

Re: Picture shuttle 4 weeks, 1 day ago #211892

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 weeks, 1 day ago
I don't understand what "l=l=l" is?

There are multiple commands for speed control, some already assigned to keyboard shortcuts, other assignable on demand. Try the keys J, K, an L, for Play faster backwards, Stop, and Play faster forwards.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Picture shuttle 4 weeks, 1 day ago #211897

Sorry.l+l+l does NOT increase the shuttle speed.

Re: Picture shuttle 4 weeks, 1 day ago #211899

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 4 weeks, 1 day ago
Press the "l" key to play forwards, then repeat to increase the speed. Press "j" to play backwards, then repeat to increase the speed backwards. The "k" key will stop playback. J-K-L is a reasonably common key grouping for these functions on non-linear editors.

I have merged your two threads, but as I recall you didn't "get a bollocking" because you started a new thread every time that you posted a reply to the same topic. You were politely asked not to do it.
Last Edit: 4 weeks, 1 day ago by jwrl.

Re: Picture shuttle 4 weeks, 1 day ago #211900

Ah well, levity doesn't always work. And neither does l+l+l whilst we're here. I have assigned keys to do it. That works. 'J-K-L is a reasonably common key grouping for these functions on non-linear editors'. Fascinating. Try pressing 'em.

Re: Picture shuttle 4 weeks, 1 day ago #211911

• Jpaulbiss
  • Edu User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 weeks, 1 day ago
adrian a golding wrote:
Ah well, levity doesn't always work. And neither does l+l+l whilst we're here. I have assigned keys to do it. That works. 'J-K-L is a reasonably common key grouping for these functions on non-linear editors'. Fascinating. Try pressing 'em.

Take a look at your Key Assignment. you will find that as the bottom icon on the toolbar "Editor preference" second tab down "change/view key assignment" Type Play in the search function about 11 clicks of the search you see a line Play next line Play(-10%) If the Play is not assigned to 'l' do that and try if it works.
Lenovo D30 Workstation,2x Xeon E5-2670, 128GB ram, Nvidia K4000, 2xDell U2312HM, Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, Lightworks Keyboard, Shuttle Pro 2 which works sometimes

Re: Picture shuttle 4 weeks, 1 day ago #211913

Great! Thanks for your help.

Re: Picture shuttle 4 weeks, 1 day ago #211914

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 4 weeks, 1 day ago
adrian a golding wrote:
'J-K-L is a reasonably common key grouping for these functions on non-linear editors'. Fascinating. Try pressing 'em.

Possibly I was wrong, so I just checked again first on 14.5, then on 2020.1 build 118883. Pressing "l" once from stop started normal play. Pressing it a second time increased the speed, a third time increased it more and a fourth time reached the speed at which audio could no longer be heard, at which time I stopped.

Pressing the "+" key doesn't increase speed and never has. It currently does nothing. On the numeric keypad it pops up a panel that allows you to jump forward by a selected number of frames. The "-" key on the numeric keypad does the reverse. On the main keyboard the "=" key zooms in on the timeline, and the "-" key zooms out.

If for some reason J-K-L doesn't work on your system, your key assignments may have become corrupted. The "j" key should be assigned to "Play faster backwards", the "k" key should be assigned to "Stop", and the "l" key should be assigned to "Play faster forwards".

(Since J-K-L or JKL is used commonly in the industry to describe these functions I have shown them in that capitalised form. They are in fact always unshifted and I have used "j", "k" and "l" to indicate unshifted keys when talking about the individual key assignments.)

Re: Picture shuttle 4 weeks, 1 day ago #211915

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 weeks, 1 day ago
I'm still not sure whether the OP is talking about a keyboard or some kind of external shuttle device. On the Contour Shuttle for instance, 'Play faster backwards/forwards' isn't assigned by default, 'Play' and 'Reverse' instead.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Picture shuttle 4 weeks, 1 day ago #211916

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 4 weeks, 1 day ago
hugly wrote:
I'm still not sure whether the OP is talking about a keyboard or some kind of external shuttle device.

Neither am I really. I don't know whether "l+l+l" means literally that key combination or "l", "l", "l". If the former, plus keys will just do nothing. If the latter it should work and there must be something else wrong.

Jpaulbiss wrote:
If the Play is not assigned to 'l' do that and try if it works.

That will give you a fixed speed playback. Assigning it to "Play faster forwards" is necessary to give a progressive speed increase.

Re: Picture shuttle 4 weeks ago #211928

• Jpaulbiss
  • Edu User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 weeks ago
jwrl wrote:

Jpaulbiss wrote:
If the Play is not assigned to 'l' do that and try if it works.

That will give you a fixed speed playback. Assigning it to "Play faster forwards" is necessary to give a progressive speed increase.

Thanks I changed mine
The output from the Contour Shuttle also uses the 'j' and 'l'
Backwards WjERTY Forwards XlCVBN
Lenovo D30 Workstation,2x Xeon E5-2670, 128GB ram, Nvidia K4000, 2xDell U2312HM, Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, Lightworks Keyboard, Shuttle Pro 2 which works sometimes
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds
Scroll To Top