Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can I extend the last frame of a media clip somehow?

Can I extend the last frame of a media clip somehow? 1 week, 3 days ago #210820

• thesunray
  • Pro User
  • Junior Boarder
  • 1 week, 3 days ago
I am curious if there's a way to drag out the last frame of a media clip so that (for example) when I'm ending a scene it will "freeze" before I fade to black. I've been doing this by screenshotting the frame at a resolution identical to the media and then extending a frozen image, but it would be much nicer if I could do that somehow in the media itself...zoom in to where I can place the cursor and "cut," then click on something to...not sure the word, stretch it? Clone it? Repeatedly until it's the right additional length of time.

Maybe this exists already and I just don't know how to name it or use the right search terms?

Thank you!

Re: Can I extend the last frame of a media clip somehow? 1 week, 3 days ago #210822

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 3 days ago
You sure can. In edit mode, park on the last frame of your sequence and press the "c" key to add a cut there. Zoom in on your timeline and right click in the region after the cut and select "Speed.." then 0%. You will now have a freeze frame that you can trim out to whatever length you need.

[EDIT] I assumed above that you are using the fixed user interface, since most newcomers are. If you're using the classic flexible interface, after pressing "c" click on the "Advanced" button and type 0 in the small window that should currently be showing 100% at the end of the timeline. Then press the enter key and trim as above.
Last Edit: 1 week, 3 days ago by jwrl.

Re: Can I extend the last frame of a media clip somehow? 2 days, 18 hours ago #211274

• thesunray
  • Pro User
  • Junior Boarder
  • 2 days, 18 hours ago
Thank you, this was exactly what I was hoping do do. Really appreciate the help!

Re: Can I extend the last frame of a media clip somehow? 2 days, 14 hours ago #211291

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 2 days, 14 hours ago
Glad to be able to help.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds
Scroll To Top