Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can I import a project, not its media pieces, into another project?

Can I import a project, not its media pieces, into another project? 7 months ago #210790

• thesunray
  • Pro User
  • Junior Boarder
  • 7 months ago
I'm curious if there's a way to import a working, in place, collection of video and audio in a way such that it's all "set" as it was set up in another project.

My application is a simple "endcard" with about 5 pieces of content. A video, a photo, a tune, and two audio voice files. Currently, I have them in a folder and add each individually to my new project, then adjust them and slide them to fit. Each time.

Is there a way to have them all collected together in a "group" so that it can all be plopped directly into the project as a working "endcard" unit? Without the fiddling?

Re: Can I import a project, not its media pieces, into another project? 7 months ago #210794

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 7 months ago
Hello,

Yes you can do that. Make a copy of the section you wish to reuse in other projects and give it a meaningful name. Export the copy as Lightworks archive, no need to include media. You can import the archive as you would do it with a clip.

This procedure to work needs the source and the target projects to have the same frame rate and your original media always accessible on your file system, if you have imported them via 'Create Link' (which is default).
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 7 months ago by hugly.

Re: Can I import a project, not its media pieces, into another project? 7 months ago #210805

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 7 months ago
This is the sort of thing that is required for television series work and the like all the time. What is usually done is to create a project called "Stock" or similar, and all the routine stuff that is required regularly is put there. Then it's just a matter of adding the required components from there to the working project.
Last Edit: 7 months ago by jwrl.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds
Scroll To Top