Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [Solved] Trimming: Where has my split preview window gone?

[Solved] Trimming: Where has my split preview window gone? 7 months, 1 week ago #210480

• timzett
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 7 months, 1 week ago
I remember something that there was a change in the past, so that one can change the behavior on trimming, at least when working in the flexible layout.
Anyway, I don't find the setting anymore, to revert to the following:

Suppose I start a trim by unjoining, using one of the following keys (or the respective mouse/Alt key sequence): q, u, e, r, t, y, u.
In the past then my preview window split up, so that I saw the current frame of the clip left to the cut point on the left pane, and the current frame of the clip right to the cut point on the right pane. This is a very important thing, in order to predict the final result of your trim.
Currently my preview window stays the same and in one, which means I only see the first frame of the clip right to my cut point.

I want to get the previous behavior back, means the one where I see both sides of the cut point I'm working unjoined.
How to achieve this again?
Lwks x64 2020.1 revision 122068, pro license, on Windows 10

HARDWARE:
.Intel Core i7-4710HQ Quad-core 2,50 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
.GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M with 4 GB RAM
.Sound: Onboard (Realtek)
.Disks: 250 GB SSD internal (OS/programs), 1 TB SATA internal for source footage

CAMs: Sony PXW-X70, NEX-5n, Xiaomi Yi 1080p
Last Edit: 7 months ago by timzett.

Re: Trimming: Where has my split preview window gone? 7 months, 1 week ago #210481

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 7 months, 1 week ago
I assume the question refers to current 2020?

In Flexible layout, right-click on the recorder window and make sure that 'Viewer Command.Trim view enabled" is set to 'Yes (resize)' unjoin and see if it fixes the issue. If it doesn't, post a screenshot of what you see and don't like, please.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Trimming: Where has my split preview window gone? 7 months, 1 week ago #210494

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 7 months, 1 week ago
If there is a problem and you're using 2020.1, please start a thread aboutit in the beta forums.

Re: Trimming: Where has my split preview window gone? 7 months, 1 week ago #210694

• timzett
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 7 months, 1 week ago
hugly wrote:
I assume the question refers to current 2020?
In Flexible layout, right-click on the recorder window and make sure that 'Viewer Command.Trim view enabled" is set to 'Yes (resize)' unjoin and see if it fixes the issue.
Both true. I always searched at the timeline settings where this is not available.
Maybe it would make sense to offer identical items at both timeline and recorder window settings, in order to avoid confusion?

HARDWARE:
.Disks: 250 GB SSD internal (OS/programs), 1 TB SATA internal for source footage

Last Edit: 7 months, 1 week ago by timzett.

Re: Trimming: Where has my split preview window gone? 7 months, 1 week ago #210695

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 7 months, 1 week ago
Do you want this thread put into the beta section, since you seem to be referring to the V14,6 and 2020.1 beta?

Re: Trimming: Where has my split preview window gone? 7 months, 1 week ago #210710

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 7 months, 1 week ago
timzett wrote:
Maybe it would make sense to offer identical items at both timeline and recorder window settings, in order to avoid confusion?

I think, the viewer is logically the right place for the menu entry, because the trim-view settings change the behaviour of the viewer and, maybe more important, the timeline menu is already overloaded, for my taste.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Trimming: Where has my split preview window gone? 7 months ago #210720

• timzett
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 7 months ago
briandrys wrote:
Do you want this thread put into the beta section, since you seem to be referring to the V14,6 and 2020.1 beta?
If it's OK for you we can mark this as solved already.
It was my "fault" that I didn't find the appropriate setting which is actually there. So from that point of view, I think it's not a lack, shortcoming or unexpected behavior.

HARDWARE:

Last Edit: 7 months ago by timzett.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds
Scroll To Top