Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: HELP. I need to restore from milestone

HELP. I need to restore from milestone 3 days, 22 hours ago #209131

• Maxamoosey
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 days, 22 hours ago
I need to restore to an older version of my edit, as I messed everything up in it. Long story it doesn't really matter. I found an older forum post on how to do it, however finding the cookie I am currently on was extremely vague and I don't understand. Any help on restoring from an old milestone? thanks <3

Re: HELP. I need to restore from milestone 3 days, 21 hours ago #209133

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 days, 21 hours ago
In any case, you should make a backup copy of your project folder as soon as possible. Better still make a copy of the Lightworks parent folder with all its subfolders.

If your old project isn't in a hurry, you could wait for Lightworks 2020.1, which will make milestones much easier to manage.
I already tried it.
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 14.6 Beta & 14.5; || Windows 10, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || shared RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)

Re: HELP. I need to restore from milestone 3 days, 15 hours ago #209145

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 days, 15 hours ago
Maxamoosey wrote:
I found an older forum post on how to do it, however finding the cookie I am currently on was extremely vague and I don't understand.

Not knowing which post you are referring to, here you'll find the procedure posted by a Lightworks developer. It still applies:
www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=6&id=99399&Itemid=81#99418

The new function suggested by schrauber makes restoring and comparing milestones much easier. It's also available with V14.6 beta. You can install most recent V14.6 beta side by side with V14.5, just to reveal the milestones. Then, you can switch back to V14.5 to continue working or join the test team and continue with V14.6.

Mind you, with default settings, milestones represent only the history of the last 100 editing steps on the sequence in question. If the version your're searching for is outside of this scope, only manually created backups could bring back what you need.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds
Scroll To Top