Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Editing --- and Jill's a master of that

Editing --- and Jill's a master of that 1 week, 2 days ago #208853

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
--- at least according to Cate Blanchett in a current documentary about Jill Bilcock.

It is available on Vimeo --

vimeo.com/search?q=jill%20bilcock

-- not sure it is a free download - but if not it would be worth the price of admission even if only to hear the demure Jane Moran use a bit of old-style Australian slang to express surprise "--- and I'll be buggered!"

The above search also accesses other editing related videos including "Jill Bilcock: The Art Of Film Editing" which features some of the material from the full docco.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: Editing --- and Jill's a master of that 1 week, 1 day ago #208913

• DNL
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
I think there is a DRM restriction on this film. How can I view it in the US region?
LenovoThinkPad P70, Xeon E3, 64 GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro M3000M, SSD internal HD, Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.

Re: Editing --- and Jill's a master of that 1 week ago #208924

• geomcd1949
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week ago
@DNL – Interesting and slightly perplexing. Seems the Aussies are preventing exportation of their culture.

You can use a VPN to broadcast an Australian IP address and – if you can figure out how to pay electronically from outside Australia – watch it on Vimeo at the given URL.

One of the two additional selections offered Aussies at that URL is titled, “Jill Bilcock: Dancing the Invisible.” That’s the documentary that [I believe] RWAV recommends. It can be rented for A$5.95 for 72 hours or bought outright for A$19.95.

This process might be illegal or immoral or unethical.

Found a site Down Under that offers a DVD for A$30: theeducationshop.com.au/dvds-and-other-media/dvds-and-blu-rays/jill-bilcock-dancing-the-invisible/

but the seller says the product can only be shipped within Australia, and that “ANY ORDERS WITH A SHIPPING ADDRESS OUTSIDE AUSTRALIA WILL BE CANCELLED AND REFUNDED.”
North Carolina, USA
Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
2x2.7 GHz E5-2680
500GB SSD and1TB HDD
64 GB DDR3 10600
Quadro K4200
~X-Keys Pro 68 key USB Jog/Shuttle controller
*Galaxy S7 with Filmic Pro*
*JVC GY-HM150*

Re: Editing --- and Jill's a master of that 1 week ago #208927

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 1 week ago
It has just recently finished a cinema release period here - so guessing the distributor is keen for it not to have commercial exposure in other territories until similar options are exhausted.

This process might be illegal or immoral or unethical.
If one moves to the USA very temporarily - it is still possible to then log onto an existing Vimeo account - and search material available via the USA.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds
Scroll To Top