Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to view original clip timecodes once in timeline

How to view original clip timecodes once in timeline 4 weeks, 1 day ago #207622

• Phybot
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 weeks, 1 day ago
Hello,

This might be a newbie question, but once I have a clip in the timeline, is there anyway to open it back in the preview window. For example, to view the start and end timecodes in the original clip?

Thanks!
-Yannick

Re: How to view original clip timecodes once in timeline 4 weeks, 1 day ago #207624

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 weeks, 1 day ago
If you only want to see the timecode of the clip segment used, you can simply click on the small triangle/arrow where the sequence timecode is displayed by default, and view or select "Primary T/C".

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Alternatively, you can also see the source tile synchronized in the "Recent > Current" filter, and drag it into the Source Viewer if necessary.
This can also be done with keyboard shortcuts.
Here's a very old tutorial that is nearly the same as today's flexible layout:
youtu.be/Zi8Z1ExCXSw?t=1m43s
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 14.6 Beta & 14.5; || Windows 10, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || shared RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)
Last Edit: 4 weeks, 1 day ago by schrauber.

Re: How to view original clip timecodes once in timeline 4 weeks, 1 day ago #207632

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 weeks, 1 day ago
Additionally, the command 'Pop out original' (N-key), executed with focus on the timeline in EDIT mode, shows the media at playhead position in 'Filters.Recent' of 'Project Contents'. From there you can open it in the source viewer.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 4 weeks, 1 day ago by hugly.

Re: How to view original clip timecodes once in timeline 4 weeks ago #207651

• Phybot
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 weeks ago
Thank you both for the info, that's exactly what I needed!

Re: How to view original clip timecodes once in timeline 3 weeks, 6 days ago #207685

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 3 weeks, 6 days ago
Sometimes it may be useful to have a continuous display of timecode and other metadata.

This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: How to view original clip timecodes once in timeline 3 weeks, 6 days ago #207711

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 weeks, 6 days ago
My proposal: The experienced, in particular all moderators, should always use the most recent beta build of Lightworks. This would increase the chance to detect the unexpected earlier.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: How to view original clip timecodes once in timeline 3 weeks, 6 days ago #207714

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 3 weeks, 6 days ago
Please do not hector other users with your personal views of how anyone should post on the forums.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: How to view original clip timecodes once in timeline 3 weeks, 6 days ago #207717

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 3 weeks, 6 days ago
hugly wrote:
My proposal: The experienced, in particular all moderators, should always use the most recent beta build of Lightworks. This would increase the chance to detect the unexpected earlier.

That is an absolutely absurd suggestion. Most moderators here are using this software to earn their living. Speaking for myself, there is absolutely no way that I would use beta software in a commercial project. Apart from anything else if an unexpected bug jeopardised a delivery it could result in anything from loss of a valued client to a lawsuit.

Re: How to view original clip timecodes once in timeline 3 weeks, 5 days ago #207752

• Jpaulbiss
  • Edu User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 weeks, 5 days ago
How true.
I am using the latest beta at the present time. Looking at my time sheet it is apparent how much time I have wasted due to bugs and un-wanted feature. I have reported 5 or 6 so far.

I am working on a small project, 2 cameras, approx 12 hours of videos each. Fortunately this is a learning video broken into numerous portions with each portion being between 3 and 10 minutes long, with only 1 or 2 clips released each week. I an not pressed for time.

I have archive each clip as I work on it and the project, so if something goes wrong I won't be jumping off the nearest bridge.

If I was pushed for time I wouldn't touch the beta version, since I am not this is a good way to help test it.
Now where did I put that whiskey?
Lenovo D30 Workstation,128GB ram, Nvidia L4000, 2xDell U2312HM, Ubuntu Studio 16.04 LTS LWKS 14.5, Lightworks Keyboard, Shuttle Pro 2 Now working
Last Edit: 3 weeks, 5 days ago by Jpaulbiss.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds
Scroll To Top