Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Fast Forward

Fast Forward 2 weeks, 6 days ago #206976

Hey, I have a clip that I'd like to fast forward. I've tried looking on youtube but all the videos I've watched are using an older version. Could anyone explain how to fast forward a certain clip for me?? Thank you so much in advance.

Re: Fast Forward 2 weeks, 6 days ago #206977

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 6 days ago
Welcome to the Forum.

Do you want the fast forward to be used for export as well, or do you just want to use it during editing?
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 14.6 Beta & 14.5; || Windows 10, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || shared RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)

Re: Fast Forward 2 weeks, 6 days ago #206978

Thank you!!

During the exporting as well. Basically what I'm trying to do is take a clip that's a few minutes long and fast forward it to decrease the time. I don't need people to watch the entire at a normal speed. On the youtube videos I saw there was a way to make a clips play speed faster. Sorry if my explanation isn't the best. Still kinda new to the whole editing aspect.

Re: Fast Forward 2 weeks, 6 days ago #206980

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 6 days ago
Ok, please position the mouse pointer on the timeline segment, press the right mouse button, and select "Speed..." from the menu.
A box will open where you can change your speed settings.
Details can be found in the 14.5 User Guide on page 100 (see Downloads > Documentation).

Depending on your media, the set speed, and the performance of your computer, preview problems may occur. If these problems occur, further steps may be necessary.
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 14.6 Beta & 14.5; || Windows 10, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || shared RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)

Re: Fast Forward 2 weeks, 6 days ago #206981

Thank you so much. I got it figured out now thanks to you

I had an issue finding the option for speed because I had the clipped selected. Now i realize that you can't have the clip selected.

Re: Fast Forward 2 weeks, 5 days ago #207000

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 5 days ago
bryanwojo12322 wrote:
I had the clipped selected. Now i realize that you can't have the clip selected.

Selecting clips (read: segments in the timeline) is a feature newly invented with V14.6. I can imagine that it's still under development and probably not all scheduled features related to selected segments are implemented yet. Speed might or might not be one of those.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 2 weeks, 5 days ago by hugly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds
Scroll To Top