Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Quick question - pinning clips

Quick question - pinning clips 2 weeks, 6 days ago #206950

• danbondissafe
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 6 days ago
Hi. I'm new to Lightworks, working on my second project.

I seem to have accidently misaligned most of my clips by editing on clip which has subsequently moved the rest of the clips (I'm editing to music, so want the cuts to land on the snare hits)

Is there a way to pin clips in place or a shortcut to ensure any edits to one clip don't move any other clips on the timeline?

Thank you!
Dan
Last Edit: 2 weeks, 6 days ago by danbondissafe.

Re: Quick question - pinning clips 2 weeks, 6 days ago #206954

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 6 days ago
Hello,

You can create prints of parts of your sequence and replace them into the sequence. Prints are treated as single clips.

In general, cutting picture to sound reliably, needs some thoughts and preparation of media prior to starting editing. That's because on computers with medium or low performance and when using highly compressed media, like most variants of MP4 , significant audio delay in preview may occur, and thus, a difference between preview and exported file.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 2 weeks, 6 days ago by hugly.

Re: Quick question - pinning clips 2 weeks, 6 days ago #206971

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 2 weeks, 6 days ago
Or you could look at a tutorial on trimming. You can move cuts by trimming them, which would not change the position of anything. In the "Getting started" tutorial at about the 3 - 3:30 point there is an explanation of that.

You definitely don't need and shouldn't use prints - they won't help you at all. I am an editor who has been cutting music videos and music programs almost since I started editing in the early 1960s, and trust me, prints will not help you at all. That advice comes from someone who is obviously most definitely not an editor.

Advice to use prints to somehow help you maintain sync is simply idiotic. You need the flexibility to be able to cut to a master music track with a music video. You also should not experience audio delays. If you do then you should look at using proxies - again, prints won't help with that either. We can discuss the proxies later should you need to.

Re: Quick question - pinning clips 2 weeks, 6 days ago #206972

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 6 days ago
jwrl wrote:
Advice to use prints to somehow help you maintain sync is simply idiotic.

I don't like your tone, mister.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Quick question - pinning clips 2 weeks, 6 days ago #206982

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 2 weeks, 6 days ago
Pity.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds
Scroll To Top