Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to keep audio when speeding up a segment a lot

How to keep audio when speeding up a segment a lot 2 days, 5 hours ago #206177

• JānisE
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 days, 5 hours ago
I've modified speed for different segments. For those set to 400%, the audio is sped up and can be heard properly. However, for the segments sped up to 800% and 1600%, the audio disappears completely, there is only silence.

I understand that the sound may be pointless for the majority of videos sped up more than 400%, but is there a way to specifically set the audio to speed up along the video, and not get muted?

Re: How to keep audio when speeding up a segment a lot 2 days, 5 hours ago #206179

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 days, 5 hours ago
Hello,

I don't think so. The upper limit for audio speed up is 400% for all, the 'Speed' settings from the timeline menu, the command 'Fit to fill', and even fast playback back and forth.

If you need audio speed up above 400% for special sound effects, you have to do that with third party software, if you can find software which supports audio speed up above 400% with acceptable results. I'm not aware of any.

Edit: What you can do is speeding up audio multiple times by exporting and reimporting. How that will sound, is another question.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 2 days, 5 hours ago by hugly.

Re: How to keep audio when speeding up a segment a lot 1 day, 10 hours ago #206221

• JānisE
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 day, 10 hours ago
I see, thank you for the reply!

Seems like an arbitrary restriction from the software developers (because they can). I could easily speed up or slow down a clip 8 times in ffmpeg, for example, and the sound was fit for my needs. The produced result is my own responsibility as video editor.

In my case, I will now need to find (create) audios to fill in the silences, where Lightworks could have just provided one automatically.

Re: How to keep audio when speeding up a segment a lot 1 day, 9 hours ago #206223

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 day, 9 hours ago
Lightworks is designed for professional editors and they usually don't want things like this to be automatic.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds
Scroll To Top