Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Saving a clip+effects as a template?

Saving a clip+effects as a template? 6 days, 17 hours ago #205972

• G0bble
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 6 days, 17 hours ago
Hi
I want to save not only the effects but also a pair of adjacent clips with their transitions as a template to use across all my projects. For ex the same video clip with titles/credits etc to be used as an intro clip to all my videos. Is that possible? Or do I have to import the video separately each time then apply effects from template?

Edit: Thinking again - I could save a timeline with only these clips and open them in any other project?

Thanks
G
Last Edit: 6 days, 17 hours ago by G0bble.

Re: Saving a clip+effects as a template? 6 days, 17 hours ago #205974

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 days, 17 hours ago
Hello,

Yes it is, as long as the frame rates of the projects match. Mark & park the intro and execute 'Make.Copy' and then, either use 'Add to' from bin commands or, maybe better, export an archive from the source project and import the archive in all target projects.

Are you aware that you can handle a more or less unlimited number of sequences in one project and organize material and sequences in bins and groups of bins? This approach would have the advantage that you don't need switching projects and you can use the search tool.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Saving a clip+effects as a template? 6 days, 16 hours ago #205977

• G0bble
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 6 days, 16 hours ago
This project is 25fps, because I was checking out how 25fps is going to look on my GoPro when shooting. My next projects are all 30fps - what then?

G
Last Edit: 6 days, 16 hours ago by G0bble.

Re: Saving a clip+effects as a template? 6 days, 16 hours ago #205978

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 days, 16 hours ago
Trouble!

I think, creating one intro for each frame rate family (24, 25, 30) is the fastest approach.

Edit: I forgot to mention: If you don't need any changes on the intro and the export resolution is the same in all target projects, you can export to some intermediate format to preserve quality, convert with third party software for frame rate and import the result as clip.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 6 days, 16 hours ago by hugly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds
Scroll To Top