Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Import from GoPro Audio Cracking

Import from GoPro Audio Cracking 2 weeks ago #205690

• joszjak
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 weeks ago
Hello,

Please forgive me I am very new to this and I apologise if this has been covered. I have tried a few of these programs and this one definitely feels better and makes more sense to me.

I record 45 mins at a time on my gopro, so when I come to edit it I need to join the little clips it makes, together. The trouble is, when I play it back, over the join there is a crackle and pop in the sound.

Is there something I can do, or something I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Re: Import from GoPro Audio Cracking 2 weeks ago #205692

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks ago
Welcome to the Forum.

I don't have a gopro, but you can try the one shown in the video:
This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

In the video you can see the following (unfortunately I didn't record the audio during screen recording):

You can experiment with the "Soft cut duration" in the project settings. If that helps, it would be the quickest solution.

Edit:
In the video we also showed how to add crossfade to the cuts. A length of 2 frames might be sufficient.
There is also the keyboard shortcut "Audio Crossfades", with which you can automatically add this to all audio cuts (according to the user manual on page 243, it should be F10 by default).
Edit: But if you join complete original clips from files, then crossfade is probably not recommended. Crossfade offers advantages if you have removed sections from original clips and the like.

Alternatively, if you want, you can fade the audio at the cut.

Does that solve your problem?
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Windows 10, 64 Bit
Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz) ; Intel HD Graphics 4600
Last Edit: 2 weeks ago by schrauber.

Re: Import from GoPro Audio Cracking 2 weeks ago #205694

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks ago
schrauber wrote:
experiment with the "Soft cut duration" in the project settings. If that helps, it would be the quickest solution.

Just adding some information:

On continuous sound, 'Soft cut duration' set to values above 5 ms will lead to more or less audible dropouts in most cases. I'd suggest starting your attempts to get rid of the crackling sound at the joins with 'Soft cut duration' set to zero without using a cross fade, as a first step.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Import from GoPro Audio Cracking 2 weeks ago #205697

• khaver
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks ago
I would suggest concatenating the files together into a single file using the (if on Windows) binary copy command. I don’t have a GoPro, but maybe it comes with software for moving files from the cams card to your computer that will do this for you.
Work Comp: Retired!
Home Comp: Newer! Bigger! Faster!
Send me a tip: paypal.me/4khaver

Re: Import from GoPro Audio Cracking 2 weeks ago #205701

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks ago
As far as I know GopRo creates MP4 files. Different from MPEG TS and similar streams, binary concatenation won't work (properly) with MP4.

Remuxing with "ffmpeg -f concat -i <mp4 file list>.txt -c copy <output>.mp4", might work, but it needs some tests to find out.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 2 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: Import from GoPro Audio Cracking 2 weeks ago #205722

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks ago
I have been editing my post up because I have probably misunderstood what joszjak is trying to.
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Windows 10, 64 Bit
Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz) ; Intel HD Graphics 4600
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds
Scroll To Top