Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How do I cut video off the project which is no longer required

How do I cut video off the project which is no longer required 4 days, 14 hours ago #205015

• cnovini
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 days, 14 hours ago
Hi

I am making the first project via LightWorks and I have imported the video into the project.

However there is a portion of the video which is not longer required.

I want to cut this potion of the video off the project.

How do I do this?.

Also I have added titles and want to put in a smooth transition to go from the video to the title.

I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Thanks.

Cameron.

Re: How do I cut video off the project which is no longer required 4 days, 9 hours ago #205019

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 days, 9 hours ago
Hello,

Basically, mark&park the section to delete and delete it. You can do this using the symbols on the sequence viewer or keyboard shortcuts.

If you don't understand what that means, I'd suggest watching the official V14 Quick Start Guide:

It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 4 days, 9 hours ago by hugly.

Re: How do I cut video off the project which is no longer required 3 days, 14 hours ago #205077

• cnovini
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 days, 14 hours ago
Hi

Thanks for the information.

This morning I went back into Lightworks and the current project.

In the project it said the video media is offline?.

How do I bring it back online again?.

Do I have to go back to the video and bring it back into the project again?.

Seems double handling to me which is unnecessary.

I look forward to receiving a response from the forum members very shortly.

Thanks again.

Cameron.

Re: How do I cut video off the project which is no longer required 3 days, 14 hours ago #205078

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 3 days, 14 hours ago
Have you removed the original video file from your computer?

LW has essentially two methods of importing video -

(1) The default is Create link - with this import methods LW writes a small log file describing where the location of the original file. If that original file is moved or removed then the media will be offline to LW.

(2) The other method is 'Copy local' this writes a copy of the file to a LW media location and it is safe to remove the original file from the computer.

(3) There is also Transcode - that is operationally similar to 'Copy local' it will write a file to the LW media location but in a different format as selected by the user.

In your instance the probable cause is (1)
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: How do I cut video off the project which is no longer required 3 days, 14 hours ago #205080

• cnovini
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 days, 14 hours ago
Hi

Thanks for the message.

The original video was from a mini camera which was connected to a all in one card reader via USB to connect to the computer to bring the video in lightworks.

So I guess as it was on the card and not on the computer when lightworks closed it could not reference the video to a location in the computer as the video was not stored there.

If that is the case then I guess I need to somehow copy the video onto the computer. Do not know how to do this as yet?.

Would this apply to say other external cards as the data is stored on the card not on the computer?.

I have a camcorder and the data is stored on the card.

I want to bring the data on the card and bring it into lightworks to make subsequent videos.

Thanks again.

Cameron.

Re: How do I cut video off the project which is no longer required 3 days, 14 hours ago #205081

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 3 days, 14 hours ago
Go to the Media Import panel
Open the import method drop-down
Select Copy Local

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

That will copy the files to a LW Media Location.

Your LW file will then be independent from the camera card originals. Files in a LW media location can then be managed from the LW interface.

Some further help may be needed with Media Locations - the first suggestion would be to make a LW media location on other than the computer's system drive.
BETA System
HP Z800 Workstation
Last Edit: 3 days, 14 hours ago by RWAV.

Re: How do I cut video off the project which is no longer required 3 days, 13 hours ago #205082

• cnovini
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 days, 13 hours ago
Hi

Thanks for the message.

Once I have copied the video file to a location in lightworks would lightworks remember the original video file?.

Or would I have to remove the video file and re attach the video file in the project for a second time?.

Thanks.

Cameron.

Re: How do I cut video off the project which is no longer required 3 days, 12 hours ago #205083

• cnovini
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 days, 12 hours ago
Hi

I have been to log and the location of the video file.

It says the video file has been imported but is offline.

I have looked for media import and then tools but I cannot seem to find it in lightworks?.

I look forward to a reply.

Thanks again for assistance,

Cameron.

Re: How do I cut video off the project which is no longer required 3 days, 12 hours ago #205085

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 3 days, 12 hours ago
So sorry - of course your are using Fixed layout and I'm describing Flexible.

In LOG -

Go to 'Local files' next line down from the top of the screen - that will open the browser where one can navigate to computer folders - at the bottom left of that screen one finds the import option drop down - similar to the one the .png
BETA System
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: How do I cut video off the project which is no longer required 3 days, 11 hours ago #205087

• cnovini
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 days, 11 hours ago
Hi

I have finished the project and now want to take it off lightworks and send it to facebook or store it off lightworks.

How do I do this?.

Thanks.

Cameron.

Re: How do I cut video off the project which is no longer required 3 days, 11 hours ago #205088

• cnovini
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 days, 11 hours ago
Hi

I have uploaded the project to you tube but this is far from ideal!.

I want to save the project on the pc and then if I want to do so upload to you tube or facebook.

I do not want to have to upload to you tube first!.

I actually do not even know where it has uploaded the project to in you tube?!.

I look forward to assistance,

Thanks again.

Cameron.

Re: How do I cut video off the project which is no longer required 3 days, 10 hours ago #205089

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 3 days, 10 hours ago
From just about anywhere in the LW interface where it is possible to right-click on a vewer ot tile of the Sequence to export as a video file - in the attached it was the sequence viewer in EDIT mode - make the first selections in these the drop-downs.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Please note for LW Free users the maximum export resolution is 720p

One can export as a file saved on the computer or, if a YouTube or Vimeo account/password is available to a user, then select those services.

Keep going forwards by selecting one of the export options - make sure each answer in the following drop-downs makes sense; if export to an external service was ticked be ready with sign-on details for the service, tick the upload option enter the requested credentials.

If exporting to the computer navigate to a suitable directory. When all is done - press the 'Start' button.
BETA System
HP Z800 Workstation
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds
Scroll To Top