Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Possible to slip/slide/move cuts/clips precisely without mouse?

Possible to slip/slide/move cuts/clips precisely without mouse? 1 month ago #203278

• frevi
  • Junior Boarder
  • 1 month ago
OK, another full day in front of Lightworks 14.5.0.0, feeling kind of frustrated here, 60% because my footage sucks, 20% because I'm on the learning curve here (too), and 20% because I think Lightworks is problematic.

Is there a way to slip and/or slide a cut so it exactly aligns with another cut (the closest one usually) on another track, without using the mouse?

What about moving it frame by frame?

What about moving a clip along the timeline one way or the other without affecting adjacent clips/transitions? Is that a slide or a slip? How can that be done without the mouse?

Thanks

Re: Possible to slip/slide/move cuts/clips precisely without mouse? 1 month ago #203295

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 month ago
Yes, you can using the keyboard controls. Please see the series of keyboard short cut video tutorials for more on using the keyboard www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=162&Itemid=246&start=QuickStart

You can get a print out of the short cuts in this sticky www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=24&id=25384&Itemid=81

Re: Possible to slip/slide/move cuts/clips precisely without mouse? 1 month ago #203304

• frevi
  • Junior Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Thank you, much appreciated.

Re: Possible to slip/slide/move cuts/clips precisely without mouse? 1 month ago #203307

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
What I do: I use the mouse to unjoin the cuts in the desired way and move to trim either with the Contour Shuttle or with transport controls on the keyboard, mainly reverse/stop/forward (J K L), nudge back/forward (cursor left/right), previous/next (A S), additionally toggle unjoin/join (TAB).
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 month ago by hugly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds
Scroll To Top