Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can't export vids

Can't export vids 1 month ago #203237

I am going to e honest I didn't know where to post this (sorry if it's in the wrong place)

I am having trouble exporting videos, I am using the free version of lightworks and i have trying to upload it to youtube but it won't work. the fps is at 25. I am new to lightworks so I am probably missing something.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Can't export vids 1 month ago #203249

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Hello,

That's a new installation of Lightworks V14.5 on Windows10, I guess, and this is your first project and your first attempt to export something.

Please press F2-key to open the export panel, select the "Youtube" format. Open the pull down menu of "size" and post a screenshot. It should look with the free version like this:

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Can't export vids 1 month ago #203422

Here, I just tried it and it still won't work.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Can't export vids 1 month ago #203424

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Hello again,

That looks unexpected. The export size seems to be locked at 1080p, indicated by the blue button and apparently no chance to switch the resolution to 720p. I've seen something like that, but I'm surprised that it still exists. I would have thought that's been already reliably fixed long ago - weird.

Bottom center of the start screen you'll find the Lightworks version number. What does it say?

Is it possible to change the 'Frame rate', in the field above 'Size'?
Last Edit: 1 month ago by hugly.

Re: Can't export vids 1 month ago #203426

Yeah, I am pretty sure its because I downloaded an older version, I will try downloading the newer version if there is one. it's version 14.5.0.0
Attachments:
Last Edit: 1 month ago by realm of nightcore1.

Re: Can't export vids 1 month ago #203428

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
V14.5 is the current stable release. It should not show this issue.

Unfortunately, a reliable fix for this problem isn't known on the forum.

Could you zip and post the entire Logs folder, please? It's located on
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks\Logs

Did you change the default destination folder when installing Lightworks, to a path different from
C:\Program Files\Lightworks
Last Edit: 1 month ago by hugly.

Re: Can't export vids 4 weeks, 1 day ago #203518

Hello, I have been able to fix this by simply re-installing lightworks, I didn't lose much because it was my first project. Thanks for the help!

Re: Can't export vids 4 weeks, 1 day ago #203533

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 weeks, 1 day ago
Thank you for the feedback.

You are the first to tell that reinstalling fixed this issue. Others tried and it didn't help (with earlier versions).
Last Edit: 4 weeks, 1 day ago by hugly.

Re: Can't export vids 4 weeks, 1 day ago #203540

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 4 weeks, 1 day ago
realm of nightcore1 wrote:
Hello, I have been able to fix this by simply re-installing lightworks, I didn't lose much because it was my first project.

You shouldn't have lost anything by reinstalling. Any Lightworks projects you had would have been intact unless you deliberately chose to delete them.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds
Scroll To Top