Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Audio Levels adjust

Audio Levels adjust 4 days, 21 hours ago #203128

• frevi
  • Junior Boarder
  • 4 days, 21 hours ago
Climbing the learning curve here.

Last night I wrote in that I couldn't adjust Audio fades/levels with the mouse. I was told not to use 14.6.0.0, so I installed 14.5...but still couldn't. So I changed to a simple mouse but still couldn't.

I found that I had to change the TimelineSettings|Actions and change the button/key combination for Segment Delete (which was red, indicating it being a duplicate of Audio Levels Adjust) in order for the left/shift combination to work for Audio Levels Adjust.

My question is: Why are my default mouse actions apparently different than everyone else's such that a) adjusting audio fades/levels in the default way does not work, b) why do the default settings I have contain a built-in conflict, c) is my situation so different that nobody has written up this problem before (or answered it) on this forum?

Just generally, can I expect to find little anomalies like this throughout the experience of using Lightworks 14.5.0.0? If the program were to behave as described, consistently, that's a different learning curve than for a program that pretty much I have to question every time whether it is I that don't understand something or whether the program is flaky if not buggy and I just have to figure out or guess the non-documented setting or behavior, or come hat in hand to the forum.

Re: Audio Levels adjust 4 days, 21 hours ago #203130

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 days, 21 hours ago
Beside of the fact that I can't reproduce on my system what you are telling about "TimelineSettings|Actions" in relation to the behaviour of the triangles to fade-in/out, what would you do if you could "expect to find little anomalies like this throughout the experience of using Lightworks 14.5.0.0"?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 4 days, 21 hours ago by hugly.

Re: Audio Levels adjust 4 days, 21 hours ago #203133

• frevi
  • Junior Boarder
  • 4 days, 21 hours ago
I would approach things differently: lower my expectations of the program, expect to spend a lot more time dicking around than I should; I would respond less enthusiastically when asked about the program. I would consider alternatives that might be professional level applications because the dollar expense might be worth the time saved. I would consider forum responses not as knowledgeable responses that help to learn how a good application works, but more as ad hoc apologetic and defensive one-upmanship remarks designed to make me feel bad for not having spent enough time exploring the idiosyncracies to be a member of the club of cool people who know Lightworks. I would be seriously disappointed.

Re: Audio Levels adjust 4 days, 20 hours ago #203135

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 days, 20 hours ago
I think, you'll have to find out if the software meets your needs in first place. With free software and a bunch of options to switch to, that's easy - if you don't like the one you're with, try the next on the list.

Lightworks appears, from a first glance, pretty simple, but in fact it has been desigend for commercial use and developed over decades. There are lots of valuable function under the hood, which create on the other hand high overall complexity. This needs some effort to learn to find the best way how to work with the tools provided. You will find strength and weakness. And, if you find some issue, do what already did, report it.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 4 days, 20 hours ago by hugly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds
Scroll To Top