Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: working with sequences

working with sequences 2 months, 1 week ago #203090

• RJone
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 months, 1 week ago
I'm relatively new to Lightworks, so keep running into really basic questions.

I have finished editing a sequence and pretty much like the result. May still want to make minor changes, but definitely don't want to lose it.

Now I need to make a shortened version. That leads to tow questions:

A. -- How do I make a duplicate of the sequence so I reedit it?

B. -- After I have several completed sequences, is there some way to assemble them into one timeline? Sequence 1, Sequence 3, Sequence 2, etc. I find it easier to work in 10 to 15 minute sections. Beyond that, mistakes get harder to fix.

Thanks for you help.

W10

Re: working with sequences 2 months, 1 week ago #203091

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 1 week ago
Hello,

A. In Edit mode right-click on the timeline and select "Make.Copy" from "Sequence Commands". You can copy the entire sequence or a marked section of it. The copy will appear in Project Contents", open it and give it a meaningful name, as the first step. To rename the copy, click on the title on top of the viewer. Additionally, I recommend saving the current state of your finished sequence, again with a meaningful name (different from "Sequence #1"), as "Lightworks archive". That's an export option under "Backup".

B. Yes, you can use any sequence as source, just by dragging it into the source viewer (the left viewer in Edit mode) and using it as you would use a clip. You can even drag and drop any object from "Project Contents" into the target timeline, but I wouldn't recommend doing it that way. Insert/Replace from the source viewer to the position of the timeline marker gives much more control.

Edit: To simply concatenate sequences, I forgot to mention the function "Make.Sequence from selection" from bin commands:

Create a new bin with the sequences you want to concatenate. Right-click into the bin and from "View Commands" select how to sort from "Sort by" or disable "Automatic positioning" for manual sorting. After sorting, select "Make.Sequence from selection" and viola, a new sequence containing all selected sequences concatenated in the right order appears to start working on. A truly convenient function, not only to concatenate sequences.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 2 months, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: working with sequences 2 months ago #203226

• RJone
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 months ago
Thank you. Spent a lot of time trying to find the instructions!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds
Scroll To Top