Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can i change the frames per second

Can i change the frames per second 1 week, 1 day ago #202867

• datnip
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
Can i change the frames per second I am working on a animation and i want really low fps so i dont have to draw as much so is there a way to do it?

Re: Can i change the frames per second 1 week, 1 day ago #202868

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
Hello,

Yes, you can change the speed of segments in the timeline from 'Segment command.Speed..'of the context menu of the current sequence.

For best results when changing speed, I'd suggest rendering image sequences with your animation software, not video, for import into Lightworks, e.g. in PNG format.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 week, 1 day ago by hugly.

Re: Can i change the frames per second 1 week, 1 day ago #202873

• datnip
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
How, is there a tuturial

Re: Can i change the frames per second 1 week, 1 day ago #202877

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
Let's assume you're working in twos with your animation and you want to play at 24 fps. Animate at 12 fps as singles, then import that as an image sequence into a 24 fps project.

Edit that into your timeline. It will be running at twice the speed that you need. Right click on the animation in the timeline, and from the drop down menu that appears, click on "Speed..". The "Change Segment Speed" menu will appear and have the default speed of 100%. Click on the downward arrow beside that value and choose 50%. Set the method to "Resize" and click the "Do It" button. It will now run at the correct rate, and your animation will be in twos.

That description applies if you're using the fixed user interface, which most beginners do. If you're using the flexible interface click on the "Advanced" button. You will then be able to directly set the speed. You will need to trim the end of the clip out to full length, because the flexible version can't (currently) automatically resize to compensate for the speed change.

PS: I have assumed that you are an experienced animator. If not, animating in twos (extremely common in cel animation) is when you repeat each frame twice. There are several advantages but the big one is that you only need 12 discrete images for each second of animation. Singles means that each frame is different, so you need 24. That is often used for high speed action in a project that otherwise uses twos. If you have watched cartoons on TV you will have seen a lot of twos animation.
Last Edit: 1 week, 1 day ago by jwrl.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds
Scroll To Top