• Page:

TOPIC: drag texts

drag texts 1 month ago #201664

• rolover
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Hi,

I was making a new sequence with subtitles and and when about to finish I noticed that I misaligned something in the film and added some seconds.

So I'm trying to mark and park all the subtitles into another sequence but it only drags the one i click on instead of all the marked section. I also tried joining the timelines so I could just drag all the subtitles together over on the same timeline but when I mark them all and drag it it does the same thing. The film is total 10 minutes.
Last Edit: 1 month ago by rolover.

Re: drag texts 1 month ago #201666

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 1 month ago
The attached show options for dragging dragging several clips - dragging any number of VFX events should work exactly the same way

This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Enabling 'curled' clip unjoin helps identify the type of unjoin made.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: drag texts 1 month ago #201667

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Hello,

That's a known issue. Drag and drop of a marked section with multiple segemnts on FX works differently from drag and dop of V and A tracks.

What you can do to move a block of effects on FX is using cut and paste (with deselected V and A tracks) or moving them with a slide trim.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: drag texts 1 month ago #201668

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
By the way, this shows how a slide trim looks with 'Unjoin assistance' set to 'Flat'.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: drag texts 1 month ago #201676

• rolover
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 1 month ago
I tried the way RWAV showed but it didn't work. It works in small amounts. I managed it by copy pasting but it didn't line up perfectly so I'm going to have to keep trying, maybe slide texts over several at a time.

Re: drag texts 1 month ago #201678

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
To line up perfectly with cut and paste, first cut, then move to destination roughly somehow and use play nudge commands to position the timeline marker exactly on the frame you need (or zoom-in to be able to move the mouse exactly frame by frame).

When using highly compressed sources, to slide after unjoining you can use play and nudge commands to move, instead of the mouse, for higher precision.
Last Edit: 1 month ago by hugly.

Re: drag texts 1 month ago #201679

• rolover
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Actually, now it appears to line up. Not sure exactly what happened, maybe on my last attempt it worked right. I'll see when I get through the whole thing.

Re: drag texts 1 month ago #201686

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
I forgot to mention something essential when using cut and paste.

Regular Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V (or X-key / F-key) represents 'Delete' and 'Insert from clipboard' - it shifts segments. Doing that on the wrong place may corrupt the timing of other effects. The method to cut and paste sections on FX without shifting is a combination of 'Remove' and 'Replace from clipboard', with default key assignments that's Z-key and G-key.
Last Edit: 1 month ago by hugly.

Re: drag texts 1 month ago #201706

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 1 month ago
To transfer tracks and information on them between edits - place focus one edit as the source, the other the active edit and use track select/deselect and standard mark/park replace/insert commands.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds
Scroll To Top