Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Playing the clip slower, but only in the editor

Playing the clip slower, but only in the editor 2 months, 1 week ago #199660

• DevyOT
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Nothing to look at here
  • 2 months, 1 week ago
So basically, what I'm trying to do is to sink up the words in a song and the words appearing on screen, and it would be really helpfull if I could slow down the clip just in the editor. Is there any way to do that?

Re: Playing the clip slower, but only in the editor 2 months, 1 week ago #199661

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 2 months, 1 week ago
Right click on your timeline and select "Speed" from the drop down menu that appears. Select one of the speed presets, or type in your own. Done.

If you're using the flexible GUI you can also do it by switching your timeline to advanced mode and typing in the speed override directly.

Re: Playing the clip slower, but only in the editor 2 months, 1 week ago #199662

• DevyOT
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Nothing to look at here
  • 2 months, 1 week ago
But wouldn't that slow down the whole clip in general, what I guess I'm trying to do is have a slower playback while keeping the clip the same speed

Re: Playing the clip slower, but only in the editor 2 months, 1 week ago #199664

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 2 months, 1 week ago
Map a couple of convenient slower play speeds as keyboard shortcuts.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Pressing play again would return to normal speed
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: Playing the clip slower, but only in the editor 2 months, 1 week ago #199671

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 1 week ago
To learn more about keyboard shortcuts, you can read the current V14.5 User Guide, starting on page 239, "Assigning a Keyboard Shortcut".

I mostly use a Contour Shuttle Pro V2, which works very well with Lightworks. There, the 'Play' commands from +/-10% up to +/-1,000% are assigned to steps (angles) on the shuttle wheel. For keyboard operations, I've assigned, 'Play backwards 1/2 speed' and 'Play 1/2 speed' to ALT+<left/right-arrow>.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds
Scroll To Top