Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Screen Capture Upload Issues

Screen Capture Upload Issues 1 week, 4 days ago #197554

• jk29
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 4 days ago
I have a 180 MB video screen capture (1920x1080) that I'd like to load into Light Works. When I try to load it into Light Works it cuts the video short and appears to lessen the quality.

It's 28 min long and 10fps.

Should I use EyeFrame to convert it to something else (if so what selection should I use)? I don't want to lose the quality!

Thanks for any help,
JK29

EDIT: The Screen Capture is in mp4 format.
Last Edit: 1 week, 4 days ago by jk29.

Re: Screen Capture Upload Issues 1 week, 4 days ago #197555

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 4 days ago
Hello,

Let's start with the very end. The export resolution of Lightworks Free is limited to 720p. If you mean resolution when saying 'quality', 1080p material will be downscaled to 720p when exporting, which means loss of fine details and overall sharpness, more or less visible, depending on the content. That's a limit you can cross only by purchasing a license.

If you wish trying nevertheless, there are multiple options to convert which depend to some extend on the content of the video and your computer specs.

What kind of content is that, does it contain moving scenes or is it some kind of slide show? What are your computer details (Lightworks version, OS version, CPU, RAM, GPU)?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 week, 4 days ago by hugly.

Re: Screen Capture Upload Issues 1 week, 4 days ago #197556

• jk29
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 4 days ago
Hey Hugly,

Thanks for the reply! I didn't know that... The DSLR videos I upload aren't shot in 720, but it seems to handle them fine.

The screen capture video I'm having issues with is a tutorial on using a CAD program.

I'm using:
Lightworks 14,5,0,0
Windows 7 Home Premium
8 GB of ram
64 bit
Intel(R) Core (TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.60 GHz

I built this computer in 2012 for gaming... to be honest I forgot what graphics card I utilized.

Re: Screen Capture Upload Issues 1 week, 4 days ago #197558

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 4 days ago
Thank you. That's sufficient to decide.

Since 10 fps isn't a standard frame rate, you have to convert prior to import. I'd suggest using most recent Handbrake with preset 'Production.Standard' to convert for frame rate and to downscale to 720p. The latter will reduce file size (compared with converting to 1080p) and increase editing performance on your machine. Staying with 1080p would have no benefit in terms of export quality.

Set 'Frame Rate (FPS)' to match your project frame rate, e.g. for a 30 fps project set to 30.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 1 week, 4 days ago by hugly.

Re: Screen Capture Upload Issues 1 week, 4 days ago #197559

• jk29
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 4 days ago
Thanks a million! I'll give this a go tomorrow evening.

Re: Screen Capture Upload Issues 1 week, 3 days ago #197585

• jk29
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 3 days ago
So I converted the file in handbrake to 1280/720 30fps.

When opening the file by itself it's 100% right... 28:26 min long and good quality.

When I bring the file over to light works it cuts the video to ~11:50min. Same thing it was doing with my original video.

I'm baffled

Re: Screen Capture Upload Issues 1 week, 3 days ago #197586

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 3 days ago
Strange.

Bottom center of the start screen you'll find the Lightworks version. What does it show?

Could you post two Mediainfo reports, one of the original and one of the converted file, please?

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=23&id=66072&Itemid=81#66072

Re: Screen Capture Upload Issues 1 week, 3 days ago #197589

• jk29
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 3 days ago
Version 14.5.0.0(110128) - October 25 2018
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Screen Capture Upload Issues 1 week, 2 days ago #197592

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
The converted file has only 10 fps.
Did you forget to set the 30 fps in Handbrake?
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Windows 10, 64 Bit
Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz) ; Intel HD Graphics 4600

Re: Screen Capture Upload Issues 1 week, 2 days ago #197596

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
Just one additional note: Mediainfo of the converted file shows that neither most recent Handbrake, which is 1.2.2, nor the preset 'Production.Standard' has been used.

It's by no means mandatory to keep to my suggestions from above, if you know what you are doing, but at least the frame rate should be entered correctly.

Re: Screen Capture Upload Issues 1 week, 2 days ago #197628

• jk29
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
My goodness... I'm an idiot. Sorry about that. Completely missed the production standard arrow.

I downloaded the most current version of handbreak and re-ran it with your suggestions.

Converted file is attached below. THIS FILE WORKED! Thanks guys
Attachments:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds
Scroll To Top