Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can't Make My Video Longer than 5 Minutes!

Can't Make My Video Longer than 5 Minutes! 1 week, 1 day ago #196213

• amart266
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
I'm a new user to Lightworks and everything was working fine but when I try to add clips past the 5 minute mark it won't let me. I either have to replace part of the last clip because the timeline won't extend. I have the free version but it was my understanding that there was a 40 minute limit. Please help me I feel so dumb!

Re: Can't Make My Video Longer than 5 Minutes! 1 week, 1 day ago #196214

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
Welcome to the forum.

The timeline will expand to accommodate as many clips as your project requires. There is no running time limit on the free version, that's main restriction is the 720p export.

Place the playhead at the end or start of your timeline (you can use the scroll wheel for this), then (if drag and dropping) drag the clip into the sequence viewer, it will then be inserted into the timeline at the playhead.

If not drag and dropping either use the replace or insert icons in the source viewer controls or use "v" to insert or "b" to replace on the keyboard after selecting the required clip by left clicking on it.

These methods are fast and more accurate than dragging and dropping directly into the timeline. You don't need to zoom in and out of the timeline for a start.
Last Edit: 1 week, 1 day ago by briandrys.

Re: Can't Make My Video Longer than 5 Minutes! 1 week, 1 day ago #196215

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
Hello,

There is no 40 minutes limit.

When dragging and dropping directly into the timeline the range at the very end is very narrow, but it works. There are plenty of alternatives, one of those: Place the timeline marker at the very end of the timeline and drag and drop the clip into the viewer. This is an insert operation and can be performed on any position of the timeline marker. To switch to replace when dropping into the viewer, hold down shift key prior to dropping. When dropping into the timeline it's vice versa, default is replace, shifted insert. The tool tip next to the mouse pointer tells it.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 week, 1 day ago by hugly.

Re: Can't Make My Video Longer than 5 Minutes! 3 days, 13 hours ago #196374

• amart266
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 days, 13 hours ago
Thank you for your replies and advice! I think it may have been a glitch because when I opened the project the next day I was able to easily add footage past 5 minutes. Not sure what was going on but happy its working now!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds
Scroll To Top