Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: I can edit most of my projects, but one in particular is making lightworks run slow

I can edit most of my projects, but one in particular is making lightworks run slow 1 month ago #196102

• Auxistic
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Hey, I am trying to edit a project but compared to all my other projects this one makes lightworks run super slow. Is there any factors that change how well a project runs or is it just bugged? If it helps, I am using the same method and resources in order to complete this problem project, with the only difference being one video clip.

Re: I can edit most of my projects, but one in particular is making lightworks run slow 1 month ago #196104

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Hello,

You can compare video editing with tractor pulling. Your computer is the tractor and media and complexity of the edits are the load.

See if this is of any help for you: www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=23&id=195992&Itemid=81#195993
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: I can edit most of my projects, but one in particular is making lightworks run slow 1 month ago #196165

• arniepix
    Pro User
  • 1 month ago
hugly wrote:
You can compare video editing with tractor pulling. Your computer is the tractor and media and complexity of the edits are the load.

Nicely phrased!

I would add that the complexity of how the video is compressed and bit rate of the video amount to the weight of the load and the steepness of the hill you're trying to drag it up.
I work in Manhattan, USA, but at night I cross the waters to sleep in Brooklyn, USA.

Also, post production is not an afterthought!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds
Scroll To Top