Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Video Lagging

Video Lagging 6 months ago #195955

• jransom
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 6 months ago
Hello,

I am brand new to Lightworks and had been using it with success for a few hours when suddenly one of my clips started lagging in playback, sometimes pausing completely while audio (from a different source, not the video) continues playing. When I exported the video, there was no lagging, but I can't effectively edit while the lagging is happening. The application shows a spinning blue circle like it's busy/working. Please help!

Re: Video Lagging 6 months ago #195957

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 months ago
Hello,

Basically, that sounds like a performance problem which should be easily fixable by creating internal proxies, please see: www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=23&id=192818&Itemid=81#192839

On the other hand, hearing audio from a different source than the video or other sound in the timeline, isn't expected behaviour. Could it be that some media player or webbrowser running in the background is producing the sound while Lightworks itself is silent?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 6 months ago by hugly.

Re: Video Lagging 6 months ago #195970

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 6 months ago
What you're hearing is definitely output from another application, either local or on line. Since that unknown application is fighting Lightworks for resources, it's also not surprising that Lightworks becomes laggy. In this case proxies are unlikely to help much.
Last Edit: 6 months ago by jwrl.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds
Scroll To Top