Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Unable to Select Starting Clip during live editing in a multicam bin

Unable to Select Starting Clip during live editing in a multicam bin 1 month ago #194692

• Jasper5kun
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Hello,

I will start off by saying that I am still new to multicam editing, so I could potentially be doing something wrong, but I am following the steps from the lightworks video tutorial on multicam editing with live editing to the word, and I am still having issues.

I have a multicam bin with 3 video feeds(Video1, Video2, and Video3) synced as desired. I have the edit sequence open, Edit1, which I have dropped my main video/audio feed, Video1, into because it has the desired audio file. I start the Video1 clip, and the Edit1 edit follows as needed. I then can click on Video2 and Video3 to live edit Edit1 to show those different feeds, BUT I cannot click back to Video1 after I have clicked away from it, which keeps me from using it as a selection during live editing.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit SP1 with AMD Phenom II Processor, and NVIDIA GeForge GTX 750 Ti Display Adapters.
I am using Lightworks 14.5.0.0(110128), 64-bit version
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Unable to Select Starting Clip during live editing in a multicam bin 1 month ago #194693

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Hello,

Try this and see if it helps.

1. In the multicam bin, make sure that 'Live-editing enabled' and 'Concurrent players' are checked.
2. In Edit mode, close the player (left viewer)
3. In Log mode, select the starting clip and position the playhead on the start frame.
4. Press B-key to replace the first clip into a newly created sequence. This switches to Edit mode.
5. Click on the starting clip in the mutlicam bin to give focus and press <space> to start playback on this clip.
6. Now, you should be able to switch between all clips in the multicam bin while playing.

Edit: Between steps 4. and 5. you can enable/disable or add/remove audio tracks as needed.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 month ago by hugly.

Unable to Select Starting Clip during live editing in a multicam bin 1 month ago #194695

• Jasper5kun
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Thanks for the step by step! I realized that my hotkeys got unmapped(I hadn't really been using them), and doing this did what I needed to do. All good!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds
Scroll To Top