Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Changing size, position and crop in imagekey with keyframes.

Re: Changing size, position and crop in imagekey with keyframes. 3 months, 2 weeks ago #192611

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 2 weeks ago
After correcting your effects setup, no matter what proposal you've used, 2D-DVE or TripleDVE, please be aware that the very first and last keyframe of a segment is set automatically at a fixed position by the effects engine (at least up to now, with V14.5) as soon as keyframes are enabled. This will lead, in most cases, to unexpected movement after the last manually set keyframe. To fix this, you have to manually copy and pastethe value from the last manually set keyframe to the automatically set keyframe at the very end of the segment and it is not possible to reach this keyframe by moving the timleine marker, you have to use the symbols on the effects panel (or shortcuts) to move to next keyframe. This is because the very last keyframe is not placed on frame start, but on start of the second field of the last frame, even if the source video isn't interlaced.

That sounds pretty complex and it is pretty complex.

I gather this behaviour will most likely change with next release.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 3 months, 2 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: Changing size, position and crop in imagekey with keyframes. 3 months, 2 weeks ago #192616

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 3 months, 2 weeks ago
hugly wrote:
That sounds pretty complex and it is pretty complex.

It certainly is, the way that you've described it! I'm surprised that you get anything edited at all if that's the way that you work! Anne-Marie, you need to be aware that hugly has an agenda. He has been fighting Editshare over the effects subsystem for at least the last two years because it doesn't do things the way that he would have designed it to.

The quickest and easiest way to set keyframes is to set up your end condition first (that's often the most important one anyway) then enable keyframes. Jump to the start and set that up next. Then do any intermediate keyframing that you need. It really is no more painful than that.

If for some reason you can't do that, enable keyframes then jump to the end keyframe using the effect's navigation tools - which is by no means as complicated as hugly suggests.

It really isn't complicated at all.
Last Edit: 3 months, 2 weeks ago by jwrl.

Re: Changing size, position and crop in imagekey with keyframes. 3 months, 1 week ago #193002

• AntiHeroAnnie
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
Thanks for explaining. I was wondering about that. Sometimes I had that problem and other times not. I had no idea why.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds
Scroll To Top