Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Weird "Bug or Feature" when i speed up something?

Weird "Bug or Feature" when i speed up something? 6 days, 23 hours ago #184417

When im trying to speed up like a part of my Project/Video it kinda restarts itself like
if i have a start then cut somewhere in the middle of the Video then it there would be the normal start and the other part of the video just "restarts" itself and then suddenly theres the entire Video again but with higher/lower speed.
Am i doing something wrong or is this just a bug? (I can "help it" with cutting out the repeating stuff and then just edit it perfectly but that takes so much time.)
(Sorry for bad english/grammar im from Germany)
Last Edit: 6 days, 23 hours ago by TheUltimateKek. Reason: Spelling mistake

Re: Weird "Bug or Feature" when i speed up something? 6 days, 21 hours ago #184423

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 days, 21 hours ago
Hello,

Lightworks has two GUIs, called Fixed and Flexible. Which one do you use?
("Fixed" is default and shows four tabs "LOG", "EDIT", "VFX", "AUDIO" on top center of the Window.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 6 days, 21 hours ago by hugly.

Re: Weird "Bug or Feature" when i speed up something? 6 days, 21 hours ago #184424

Hello hugly

I think its "Fixed" because i can see the four tabs "LOG,EDIT,VFX and AUDIO" on top center of the Window.

Re: Weird "Bug or Feature" when i speed up something? 6 days, 20 hours ago #184426

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 days, 20 hours ago
Thanks.

"Speed" function applies to the segment (the piece of timeline between two cuts) the playhead (timeline marker) is placed on. If you wish the start and end frame of the segment to stay where they are and length to be adjusted accordingly automatically, select "Method.Resize" (below "Speed"), which is default as far as I can remember.

What are you working on, speed painting?
Last Edit: 6 days, 20 hours ago by hugly.

Re: Weird "Bug or Feature" when i speed up something? 6 days, 19 hours ago #184429

Where exactly can i change that? Im pretty new to this.

Lets just say im working on a Timelapse with different speeds here and there for reasons.

Oh lmao nevermind i am very smart
Last Edit: 6 days, 19 hours ago by TheUltimateKek.

Re: Weird "Bug or Feature" when i speed up something? 6 days, 19 hours ago #184431

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 days, 19 hours ago
With mouse over video track of the segment, right-click and execute "Speed" from "Segment commands".

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

On the panel, set Speed and select Method Resize.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Please note: You can key-in percentage for higher speed values. Above a certain upper limit, defined by the performance of your computer and your media, you might see choppy playback in preview which will not affect exported file.
Last Edit: 6 days, 19 hours ago by hugly.

Re: Weird "Bug or Feature" when i speed up something? 6 days, 19 hours ago #184432

Yeah i didnt really understand that at first but i got it xD
(very smart me)

Re: Weird "Bug or Feature" when i speed up something? 6 days, 19 hours ago #184433

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 days, 19 hours ago
I hope even not so smart persons will understand the screenshots above when reading the post.

Have fun.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds
Scroll To Top