• Page:

TOPIC: Project disappeared when trying to create a sync

Project disappeared when trying to create a sync 1 month ago #184387

• jodiechun
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Hiya,

Hope this is in the right place.

I was working on a project earlier and exporting small parts of it every now and then by creating syncs and then exporting them. However, when I tried to create a sync just now - by right-clicking the area in between my markers and going to 'Sequence Commands > Make > Sync(s)..' - my entire project disappeared completely. The timeline, edit viewer, everything is blank - although all of the individual clips in the Project Contents are still there. A sync was created, but it's only 2 seconds long and only contains the titles part of the edit, not any of the video underneath. I have no idea what happened.

I tried pressing undo and waiting a few seconds, and doing this a few times, but nothing happened. I also went to the Project Options menu and had a look at 'Restore item(s) from backup(s)..', but everything in the 'Sequences' column is blank. I restored everything in the 'Deleted' column and it hasn't made a difference.

I've had a scan of the forums and found something about restoring older versions of your projects through milestones, but apparently that doesn't work any more.

If anyone can help that would be beyond amazing pleeeeease!

Thank you!

Windows 10 64bit
Lightworks14.5.0.0 RC12 (108929) - Sep 6 2018
64bit Beta
Last Edit: 1 month ago by jodiechun.

Project disappeared when trying to create a sync 1 month ago #184389

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Hello,

Please click on "Filters.Sequences" from "Project Contents" upper left hand side. Open the sequences there in viewer one by one and see if you can find the lost.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 month ago by hugly.

Project disappeared when trying to create a sync 1 month ago #184390

• jodiechun
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Oh my god - thought I had done this but clearly hadn't done it thoroughly enough. It's there.

Feeling very thick right now but thank you SO much!

Project disappeared when trying to create a sync 1 month ago #184392

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
You're welcome - don't worry, that happens sometimes to all.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 month ago by hugly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds
Scroll To Top