Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Adding a cut for every frame in a 1500 frame long clip or an intelligent stills import!

Re: Adding a cut for every frame in a 1500 frame long clip or an intelligent stills import! 4 months, 1 week ago #182255

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
Thanks.

To serve r0bg's needs it would surely be beneficial if it would be possible to specify stills duration on import in seconds and frames and to be able to overwrite defaults, similar to entry of Duration on Transitions panel.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Adding a cut for every frame in a 1500 frame long clip or an intelligent stills import! 4 months, 1 week ago #182257

• r0bg
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
Hiya.

So the sequence of stills is an animation. I am guessing at around 10frames per still to give me the right 'steppy' feel to the sequence but that is something I need to visually watch to get an idea. The reason I need each still separate is so I can apply a reposition should the animation not quite work, same with the duration. Some 'frames' may work at 10fr but others may need more or less frames.

The way I would do this in Mistika is either bring the sequence in as a committed sequence (the same as having the 'detect image sequences' check box checked in Lightworks, then there is a function in Mistika called 'strip' which adds a dummy cut for each frame of a clip, I would then have to commit the clip much like the 'make print' function in LW. The alternative is just to bring them in as 1500 individual frames much like not have the check box ticked in LW. I can than select all my single frame events in the sequence and set a duration to them. The 'set duration' function just extends every selected edit to the duration requested; as they are stills it would make them 10fr stills but if I had brought it in a sequence it would then just extend the edits out over the following 10fr in the source which is obviously not what I want.

I hope that kind of makes sense! haha - Re-reading over it, it makes perfect sense in my brain but that's not always a good thing!!
Last Edit: 4 months, 1 week ago by r0bg.

Re: Adding a cut for every frame in a 1500 frame long clip or an intelligent stills import! 4 months, 1 week ago #182259

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
Ah, that explains a lot, thanks for the details.

I hope you can live with the workflows currently provided by Lightworks to get things done.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Adding a cut for every frame in a 1500 frame long clip or an intelligent stills import! 4 months, 1 week ago #182261

• r0bg
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
Oh absolutely. I'm very much enjoying using LW so far. Your pointers have been very useful and the more you get to know a piece of software the more you learn it's 'workarounds' for particular things you need to do!

Re: Adding a cut for every frame in a 1500 frame long clip or an intelligent stills import! 4 months, 1 week ago #182276

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
is there a way to make the sequence playhead marker stay in the centre on the screen/timeline
On a quick perusal of this thread can't spot the above having been answered.

Under Windows Alt/RightClick on the diamond at the top of the playhead line - the colour will change to purple and it will remain stationary at that position where the command was executed - the timeline will scroll.

At beginning and end - where there is no more scrolling space the line will move to the end - play in the other direction it will move until it reaches the stop position. The option is not retained after exit/re-enter project nor minimise edit to a tile - and possibly other actions - but it's really easy to re-establish.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: Adding a cut for every frame in a 1500 frame long clip or an intelligent stills import! 4 months, 1 week ago #182277

• r0bg
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
Thanks for the reply!

@hugly had pointed out that feature for me! Thanks for also commenting too. That's a feature I was really hoping was available!

I just wish that was a permanent option rather than having to select it each time you close and open a sequence!

Re: Adding a cut for every frame in a 1500 frame long clip or an intelligent stills import! 4 months, 1 week ago #182278

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
RWAV wrote:
Under Windows Alt/RightClick on the diamond at the top of the playhead line - the colour will change to purple and it will remain stationary at that position where the command was executed - the timeline will scroll.

I don't know if it has been changed, but checking on V14,5 it's Alt/left click.

You can ask for the permanent (remember position) option as a feature request.
Last Edit: 4 months, 1 week ago by briandrys.

Re: Adding a cut for every frame in a 1500 frame long clip or an intelligent stills import! 4 months, 1 week ago #182279

• r0bg
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
Yes I think you are right, as I'm using a trackpad it's just alt-single finger tap for me which is the same as a left mouse button click!

Re: Adding a cut for every frame in a 1500 frame long clip or an intelligent stills import! 4 months, 1 week ago #182280

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
My error - it's Sunday morning after Saturday night - which way is up?
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: Adding a cut for every frame in a 1500 frame long clip or an intelligent stills import! 4 months, 1 week ago #182281

• r0bg
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
Ah, are you in the southern hemisphere too?

Re: Adding a cut for every frame in a 1500 frame long clip or an intelligent stills import! 4 months, 1 week ago #182282

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
Too? Too? You're not from the land down under are you r0bg, or possibly the land of the long white cloud? RWAV is in the the same timezone as Vladivostok - that's definitely not in the southern hemisphere. Although he just as definitely is experiencing winter at the moment, as am I.
Last Edit: 4 months, 1 week ago by jwrl.

Re: Adding a cut for every frame in a 1500 frame long clip or an intelligent stills import! 4 months, 1 week ago #182283

• r0bg
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
Yes I'm in the land of the long white cloud. Although only a recent newcomer to the land! Been living here for about 9 years now having left the joys of the UK behind. I'm an ex Soho-er from London now living in Wellington!

Re: Adding a cut for every frame in a 1500 frame long clip or an intelligent stills import! 4 months, 1 week ago #182284

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
Ahh, the shaky isles. I last worked there quite some time ago, out of Queenstown. The south island is beautiful, although a bit colder than where you are at this time of year.

I'm from the land of Oz.

For those who don't know:
Land of the long white cloud, shaky isles : New Zealand
Land down under, land of Oz : Australia

Re: Adding a cut for every frame in a 1500 frame long clip or an intelligent stills import! 4 months, 1 week ago #182285

• r0bg
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
Yes, the quakes.. something a Brit really still can't get used to! The South Island is stunning. Queenstown is beautiful if somewhat full of tourists!

So being a Lightworks editor from Aussie, have you crossed paths with Jill Bilcock?

Re: Adding a cut for every frame in a 1500 frame long clip or an intelligent stills import! 4 months, 1 week ago #182286

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
Went to college with her, and we were in the same student revues. I introduced her to Lightworks. I may have also done the same with RWAV, but I don't think so.
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds
Scroll To Top