Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Multicam Help Needed

Multicam Help Needed 1 week, 2 days ago #178967

• Matthew_T
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
I edit video game footage as a part of a group of gamers. Therefore, each video has 1 video track, 2 audio tracks containing the game audio, and 1 audio track containing the live commentary from the player.

I can't seem to figure out how to utilize the multicam feature for editing. I know how to make a multicam bin for the videos, getting to a common frame then syncing on that frame. However, I can't seem to get my head around how to successfully make a multicam edit with the live commentary audio. I can get the videos synced with relative ease, but this only allows me to live edit the video with the game audio and not the player commentary. Can someone please help me with setting up the video, game audio, and commentary in such a way that I can live edit using the multicam function? I would greatly appreciate it.

Re: Multicam Help Needed 1 week, 2 days ago #178974

• ArteD
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
Hi,

Have you watched the Lightworks tutorials on Multicam editing?
I'm not employed by or officially represent Editshare or Lightworks. I'm just a Lightworks user.

Re: Multicam Help Needed 1 week, 2 days ago #178975

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
Are you sure you want to do live editing (in real time during playback)?
You can also edit step by step with "Mark & Park" + insert, and use the multicam bin only for synchonization.

What do you want to do with the 3 audio tracks of your sources?
Would you like to position the source audio in the Timeline just like the individual video segments?
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Windows 10, 64 Bit
Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz) ; Intel HD Graphics 4600

Re: Multicam Help Needed 1 week, 1 day ago #179045

• Matthew_T
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
I thought the Lightworks tutorial videos were all on version 12.5. Is it fundamentally the same on the latest version?

And I figured that it would be easier to live edit, but that method does sound like it might be easier. As far as audio, my issue is that I don't know how to go about having everyone's live commentary sync with the multicam bin. Does that make sense? If not I can try to clarify more.

Re: Multicam Help Needed 1 week, 1 day ago #179052

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
Live editing was developed for video tracks cut to a common music audio track. Then a post-processing of the video segments is provided, which can also be exchanged with a few clicks.
In your case, you can do live editing, but you have to make real-time decisions.

Problem in post-processing: A simple exchange of audio segments is not part of the multicam function. Although there are alternative options, on the other hand, I think that if you give yourself more time during the first editing step, then it will be easier in your case.

Matthew_T wrote:
... As far as audio, my issue is that I don't know how to go about having everyone's live commentary sync with the multicam bin...

Is this one or more separate audio files, or are these audio tracks already included in the source video?
Windows 10, 64 Bit
Last Edit: 1 week, 1 day ago by schrauber.

Re: Multicam Help Needed 1 week, 1 day ago #179081

• David Rasberry
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
One approach that might work for you would be to edit the live commentary audio track first. Then cut the video to match.
Or the other way round. Create a sequence and edit in game video and audio first, then import and edit the live commentary to match on a separate track.
Razz

Digital Bolex 2k Cinema DNG raw camera
Canon GL2 DV camcorder
iPAD Mini 3 Iographer rig

Workstation: Intel i7-4770k, Asrock Z87 Thunderbolt 2 MB, 16GB 1866 DDR3 ram,
2TB Seagate Hybrid system drive, 2TB Seagate NAS media drive, E-sata III hot swap drive bay, Nvidia GTX760 2GB GPU
Lightworks kybrd. Shuttlepro v2
Win10 Pro 64bit, Lightworks 14.0 64bit

Mobile Workstation: MSI GTX72 Dominator
Intel i7-6700HQ 2.7GHz Win10 64bit
16GB DDR4 ram, 500GB M.2 SSD
Nvidia GTX970 3GB GPU
USB3, USB3.1-C, Thunderbolt 3 ports
Shuttlepro2 Win10 64bit LW 14.0 64 bit

Re: Multicam Help Needed 1 week, 1 day ago #179101

• Matthew_T
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
The live commentary audio from each player are recorded on their own independent audio file. And just so I'm on the same page, what is the "first editing step" that you are referring to?

Re: Multicam Help Needed 1 week, 1 day ago #179102

• Matthew_T
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
The more I work with this, the more it seems that that's what I'll end up having to do. Is there any way to perhaps put the commentary audio in the same bin as the multicam? That way I could hear the commentary and the game audio at the same time. If I need to clarify I'll be happy to.

Re: Multicam Help Needed 1 week, 1 day ago #179103

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
Synchronizing in the multicam bin works in my test. But I can only hear the audio of a single audio clip.

It would probably make sense to first create "Syncs" or Subsequences for each individual player, in which the video track is synchronized with the respective 3 audio tracks.

Then put these syncs in a multicam bin and create the master sequence.

In the video editing, there are many creative possibilities. Maybe a player should comment on the video of his teammate?

I assumed that players play the same game at the same time? If there are different games, then we have misinterpreted.
Windows 10, 64 Bit

Re: Multicam Help Needed 6 days, 15 hours ago #179212

• Matthew_T
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 6 days, 15 hours ago
Yes, the players are in the same game. And that technique you mentioned with creating a sync seems like a good idea. I'll try some tests with my friends and try some different methods. Thank you all so much for your time and assistance! I'll post my results once I get some time to play around with it.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds
Scroll To Top