Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Audio starts 1 - 3 seconds after toggling play when editing

Audio starts 1 - 3 seconds after toggling play when editing 1 week, 3 days ago #178893

• brianwarren
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 3 days ago
I have always had issues with audio with Lightworks. Usually it's where my audio gets cut off or goes out of sync but this issue is different.

When I'm editing a video, I use the audio thumbnails to help match up my video clips to when audio starts and stops. The problem I'm seeing now is when editing, my audio doesn't start playing until 1 to three seconds after I toggle play. The rendered output is fine so this is specifically an editor issue.

I'm on Windows and using Lightworks Beta 14.5.0.0

Re: Audio starts 1 - 3 seconds after toggling play when editing 1 week, 3 days ago #178908

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 3 days ago
Hello and welcome!

Delayed start of playback can happen after hibernation mode with Lightworks running. Please restart Lightworks and see what happens.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Audio starts 1 - 3 seconds after toggling play when editing 1 week ago #179170

• brianwarren
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week ago
I tried closing and reopening Lightworks several times and it had no effect. I did not try restarting Windows or using Linux though.

Are you saying Lightworks goes into "Hibernation Mode" or are you referencing the Windows feature?

Re: Audio starts 1 - 3 seconds after toggling play when editing 1 week ago #179176

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 week ago
brianwarren wrote:
Are you saying Lightworks goes into "Hibernation Mode"

Lightworks doesn't, your hard drives may.
Last Edit: 1 week ago by jwrl.

Re: Audio starts 1 - 3 seconds after toggling play when editing 1 week ago #179184

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week ago
I know this kind of delayed audio playback from my system and I meant hybernation mode (sleep mode) of Windows.

If a restart of Lightworks didn't fix the problem please restart your computer and try again.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds
Scroll To Top