Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Searching Cue Markers in the main clips and sequences

Re: Searching Cue Markers in the main clips and sequences 1 month, 2 weeks ago #170871

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 2 weeks ago
For me it works (highlighted background):
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Or did I misunderstand you?
For me it is the first time I use the cue search function today.
For my purposes, it makes more sense to sort the cue list by clicking on the column header. Then all identical descriptions are together.

I have to scroll with long cuelists in both cases.
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Windows 10, 64 Bit
Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz) ; Intel HD Graphics 4600
Last Edit: 1 month, 2 weeks ago by schrauber.

Re: Searching Cue Markers in the main clips and sequences 1 month, 2 weeks ago #170873

• iansn
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Schrauber, Thats brilliant!! exactly what i wanted without the need to create subclips, Ill have to see how it works when hours of video are sequenced together but for now its great!

Re: Searching Cue Markers in the main clips and sequences 1 month, 2 weeks ago #170874

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Schrauber,

Ah, I see what you mean, searching for text in Description from Cue Markers ("Cue Markers.Description") with the search function of Cue Markers panel itself.

I meant searching for "Cue Markers.Description", but using the search function from content browser to find already created subclips with matching text in "Cue Markers.Description". Currently, I see that subclips can be searched by "Cue Markers.Name" which is used for "Metadata.Name" when a subclip is created, but not by "Cue Markers.Description".
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 month, 2 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: Searching Cue Markers in the main clips and sequences 1 month, 2 weeks ago #170882

• iansn
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Im having trouble searching.
In Schrauber's example in the picture,the word is 'cue marker 2'. If you search for words in a sequence like in the Name field; cue marker or marker 2, it will give a match, but if you type cue 2, it will not return a result.
Is there a way to get the result without entering words in a sequence? Same issue with the metadata search as well, if its not in a sequence it will not return a result.

Re: Searching Cue Markers in the main clips and sequences 1 month, 2 weeks ago #170883

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 2 weeks ago
All search functions in Lightworks search for substrings, one single consecutive part of the entire string. I'm not aware that there are operators, like wildcards or regular expressions, for a pattern search which would be necessary when searching for (and finding) "cue 2" in your example above.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 month, 2 weeks ago by hugly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds
Scroll To Top