Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to merge multiple audio tracks into one track

How to merge multiple audio tracks into one track 6 months, 1 week ago #169127

• Urdeath01
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 6 months, 1 week ago
I was going to edit a video for my youtube channel. Upon importing my gameplay into lightworks (which was recorded with an elgato capture card) it came open with 1 video track and 24 audio tracks.

Now this really lags lightworks and even causes it to crash sometimes (might just be because of my computer) so I can't edit my video. This only happens in lightworks. When I used to edit my videos using movie maker there was no issue, it was all just kept at one format.

Might it be because of the format the video is recorded in?

Because this takes up so much room and causes my lightworks to crash, is there a way to merge all audio tracks into 1 pair? Would also make editing much easier in the sense that I don't have to manage 24 different tracks, and I wouldn't have to worry about syncing. I would only have to manage the 3 tracks (1 video, 2 audio)

Thanks!
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: How to merge multiple audio tracks into one track 6 months, 1 week ago #169128

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 months, 1 week ago
Do all tracks actually have audio?
HP Z600 5570
PNY Quadro K620
SB Audigy SE
Windows 7 Pro
ShuttlePRO v2

Re: How to merge multiple audio tracks into one track 6 months, 1 week ago #169205

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 months, 1 week ago
I'm assuming an incompatibility of the file with Lightworks.
I think the safest option would be to convert the file with a suitable external program before importing.

If you use the current beta version, then you could also make this problem known to the developers in the corresponding beta forum.
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Windows 10, 64 Bit
Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz) ; Intel HD Graphics 4600

Re: How to merge multiple audio tracks into one track 6 months ago #169437

• Urdeath01
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 6 months ago
I was able to fix the issue by manually deleting all tracks but 3, and then forcing it to only import those first 3 tracks. I'm fairly certain they all play audio, since the more I deleted the quieter the video became, but I can just manually increase the volume in lightworks.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Re: How to merge multiple audio tracks into one track 6 months ago #169443

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 months ago
24 audio tracks out of the box on a game capture sounds very strange to me. There must be multiple sound sources which have to be selected and controlled.

As a matter of interest - what screen recording software did you use with your Elgato box, Game Capture 3 or something else?

It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 6 months ago by hugly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds
Scroll To Top