Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Bin Clips Gone

Bin Clips Gone 10 months, 2 weeks ago #163626

• mojo4311
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 10 months, 2 weeks ago
Hi

I'm relatively new to Lighworks, so I'll try and explain my issue as best as I can.
I'm working in Lightworks 14.
I made a copy of one section of one of my sequences and moved it to a new bin. I wanted to copy the bin to a different project, but instead selected to move it to that project. The move failed (I believe because of a difference in frame rate settings) so the bin was moved but none of the footage was moved with it. The bin is now gone from my original project and all edits or clips containing the footage from the copy I was trying to move is blank.
I realize now I should have archived my work before trying to move it, but is there any way to restore the footage?
I've tried restoring the items from backups, and though the program says they're restored nothing actually changes in the project.

Thanks.

Re: Bin Clips Gone 10 months, 2 weeks ago #163628

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 10 months, 2 weeks ago
Hello and welcome!

Disregarding the bin which can be easily recreated, are the clips used in the sequence still visible/playable in the one project (source) and the moved sequence visible in the other (destination)?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 10 months, 2 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: Bin Clips Gone 10 months, 2 weeks ago #163629

• mojo4311
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 10 months, 2 weeks ago
In the source project they are visible and still colored (no "media offline" error) but the screen is black and there is no audio (see picture attached).
They don't show up at all in the destination project.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Bin Clips Gone 10 months, 2 weeks ago #163630

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 10 months, 2 weeks ago
I don't understand exactly.

Do you mean that when opening the source clips one by one in the source viewer (left window in Edit mode) you can play the clips as expected, but when playing the sequence (right window) the viewer is black over the complete duration?

Re: Bin Clips Gone 10 months, 2 weeks ago #163631

• mojo4311
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 10 months, 2 weeks ago
Sorry, the source clips are not black, they play as expected. However, many edited versions of the source clip are black and those that aren't have no audio. Some of the clips were heavily edited.

Re: Bin Clips Gone 10 months, 2 weeks ago #163633

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 10 months, 2 weeks ago
I still have some trouble understanding. I don't know what a heavily edited clip is.

Do you understand the difference between an imported Clip and a Sequence in Lightworks, and the source viewer and the sequence viewer?

What you show above is the timeline of the sequence viewer.

Re: Bin Clips Gone 10 months, 2 weeks ago #163637

• mojo4311
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 10 months, 2 weeks ago
Perhaps I don't understand the difference.
The sequence is the series of clips put together, correct? An imported clip is the original video file.

The sequence I put together is what is now blank, that's the picture I showed you. The entire sequence only shows a black screen with no audio. I copied parts of my sequence and put those copied sequences into the bin and then moved the bin to a different project. That's when the move failed and then my original sequence showed only a black screen.

Re: Bin Clips Gone 10 months, 2 weeks ago #163639

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 10 months, 2 weeks ago
Let's try to find out what happened step by step.

Please restart Lightworks, enter you project (source), switch to Edit tab and position the playhead on a position where the viewer shows black where you would expect to see a picture. Press N-key to pop-out original, you will see a highlighted tile (thumbnail) in Project Content, double click on it, the clip will open in source viewer (left hand side). Make a screenshot of the entire screen (fullscreen) and post it.

Re: Bin Clips Gone 10 months, 2 weeks ago #163641

• mojo4311
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 10 months, 2 weeks ago
It wouldn't highlight a thumbnail in Project Content for this spot, but here is the full screenshot.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Bin Clips Gone 10 months, 2 weeks ago #163642

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 10 months, 2 weeks ago
Thanks.

Upper left hand side you see "Filters", click below on "Clips". There you should see all the clips you've imported. Search in this window for the clips which are used in your sequence. Do all exist?

Re: Bin Clips Gone 10 months, 2 weeks ago #163644

• mojo4311
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 10 months, 2 weeks ago
They appear to all exist there, but some have no audio and some are just black (see picture).
Attachments:

Re: Bin Clips Gone 10 months, 2 weeks ago #163645

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 10 months, 2 weeks ago
That looks really strange I suspect developers would like to have a look on the metadata related to your project.

Does any of the viewers show Media Offline in red letters?

Did you create proxies?

Re: Bin Clips Gone 10 months, 2 weeks ago #163650

• mojo4311
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 10 months, 2 weeks ago
The viewer shows Media Offline for a few clips, but not for the majority.

Not sure what a proxy is, so I imagine I did not create them.

Re: Bin Clips Gone 10 months, 2 weeks ago #163651

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 10 months, 2 weeks ago
Please right click on the source viewer and select "Media" do you see the entry "Delete proxy" in white letters or is it greyed out.

Re: Bin Clips Gone 10 months, 2 weeks ago #163652

• mojo4311
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 10 months, 2 weeks ago
"Delete proxy" is greyed out.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds
Scroll To Top