• magnummark
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 7 months, 2 weeks ago
I don't know how to make a scrren shake effect in LW 14.0

Re: I need help with making a screenshake effect 7 months, 2 weeks ago #163457

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 7 months, 2 weeks ago
When looking for an effect that you can't see in the LW effects, you should check out the User Effects grouped by category with subcategories. The effect below was in the MOTION category. Installation instructions can be found in either of the previous links.

EffectCategorySubcategoryFilenameAuthorDownload
Camera ShakeStylizeMotionCameraShake.fxkhaverCameraShake.fx.zip

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

The camera shake effect uses luminance variations in a clip to add motion horizontally, vertically and/or rotationally. That clip can be either the source track or another video layer, and that second video layer may contain motion content or be a still frame. As with most powerful effects, it does require some setup. What follows is a brief explanation.

Choose the motion source track and check the "Show motion track" box. This will display that video in the viewer overlaid with red, green and blue lines and three associated coloured ovals. Playing through the clip will cause each oval to move from one end of its line to the other, corresponding to the play head position. The red line gives the area to be used to generate horizontal motion, the green the vertical, and the blue, rotation.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Adjust the start and end points of each line so that they cover a good range of dark and light areas as the clip plays. This can be done with either the sliders or the mouse. Once these are set to your satisfaction uncheck the "Show motion track" box. Now simply adjust the bias and strength for the required amount of horizontal, vertical and rotational movement. The zoom, rotation and pan sliders can be used for additional trimming if desired, and each motion may be independently smoothed and/or have its direction of action reversed.
Last Edit: 7 months, 2 weeks ago by jwrl.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds
Scroll To Top