Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: multiple videos onscreen at once.

multiple videos onscreen at once. 2 years, 9 months ago #160720

• Tam_Troll
  • Expert Boarder
  • 2 years, 9 months ago
so i have never to my knowledge played around with multiple video tracks before. but i'm trying to work on a project now where i will eventually want sevral videos onscreen at the same time, each in their own little square, each square coming in one at a time simmilar to the "brady bunch" intro back in the day. Example image below.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Can anyone

A. tell me if / how this is possible
B. give some advice
and / or C. Point me to some tutorials that cover this?

thanks!

Re: multiple videos onscreen at once. 2 years, 9 months ago #160732

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 2 years, 9 months ago
You might begin by adding three more V tracks to your edit, place a different clip in each of those tracks - then go to the effects panel and then the 'DVE'Efects category.
There scroll down to Split Screen Presents select the Quad Split Screen and 'Apply' that effect.
You should now have your 4 V tracks on screen.Top L/R Bottom L/R Essential you will have 4 x DVE nodes each one configured to scale and reposition one of the V tracks.

Spend some time exploring the Settings, Graph and Routing panel for that effect. See how the routing panel works - play around with some of the controls- come back to the forum with any questions you have.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: multiple videos onscreen at once. 2 years, 9 months ago #160735

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 years, 9 months ago
Something like that, maybe?

This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Or something different?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: multiple videos onscreen at once. 2 years, 9 months ago #160760

• motosega
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 2 years, 9 months ago
i'm doing something like this at the moment.

things you might want to know:

the quad split screen fx preset helps a lot. but you will need to customise it for each scene, specificaly by changing the order of the four DVE effects.

unfortunatly there isn't a hell of a lot of documentation of the fantastic vfx engine in lightworks.
be aware of a few things:

the node based interface is great, but probably scary to people who haven't used node based programming before, its actually really simple.

passthrough effects, these effects are automaticaly generated to show empty tracks, you can't delete them and can't always re route them.

you need to add keyframes to control the parameters of your effect. this is pretty fiddly at the moment.

use prints to simplify your timeline..

unless you have a really fast computer you might find that this is a good time to get a pro licence so you can use rendering.....
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by motosega. Reason: forgot things

Re: multiple videos onscreen at once. 2 years, 9 months ago #160785

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 2 years, 9 months ago
This is a copy of comments I posted elsewhere on the forum.

With nodes - one needs to work carefully - it is very easy to add spurious nodes - VFX nodes like Sound level nodes can be placed and dragged to non-frame boundary positions - so one might jump to a frame in the timeline, thinking that is the VFX node position - adjust values there - in fact another node has been added and suddenly some unexpected value jump is painfully obvious on-screen.

To spot'double nodes' put the cursor on the graph display of an animated node - you will see values displayed - you'll spot about 90% of all double nodes as two values on top of each other - select the single one you don't want - delete with the VXF panel '-' button.

Double nodes can be so close together they are difficult to spot - a final check of an effect might be to stop through it with the 'next/previous node button in graph view - if you are on what should be a single node but it takes more than as single press to move to the next visible node - that's a potential problem.

Hope that makes sense and helps a little bit.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: multiple videos onscreen at once. 2 years, 8 months ago #161084

• Tam_Troll
  • Expert Boarder
  • 2 years, 8 months ago
thanks guys. haven't tried it yet but i think i get the general idea. thanks!

Re: multiple videos onscreen at once. 1 month ago #221430

• miluvianna
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Hi! Did you get to do it? Because I can´t figure out how to edit each one of the videos audios separately. It´s a music video, with different instrumentals at the same time. Can you help me?

Re: multiple videos onscreen at once. 1 month ago #221431

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 month ago
I would strongly recommend mixing your audio track first. Depending on the number of instruments that you have to deal with, Lightworks may or may not be the best tool to do it.

You would need to start by laying up each of the individual instruments on its own audio track, and adjusting them so that they are in sync with each other. Then go through and adjust the levels until you get the balance right. Once you have the mix sounding the way that you want it, then you can start cutting the video. Personally, I would export the mix at this point and import it again as my master audio, and cut the pictures to that master audio track.

Look at the tutorials on this website if you need help with mechanics of what I've just described. Once you have done that, you might like to consider checking out USING MULTISCREEN EFFECTS TO BUILD COMPLEX IMAGE GROUPS. Below that post are three multiscreen effects, each with their own advantages. You can also download a prebuilt template by user schrauber here. I'm not a fan of prebuilt templates because they limit your flexibility, but some find them useful. They can be very helpful for beginners.
Last Edit: 1 month ago by jwrl.

Multiple music videos and audios (different instruments) 1 month ago #221432

• miluvianna
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Hi! I want to edit 03 music videos, each one of them made out of different instruments. I can´t figure out how to edit each one of the videos and audios separately. It´s a music video, with different instrumentals at the same time. Can anyone help me?

I have to line and edit them so that they are sincronyzed, but I can´t find a way to do that individually.

Thanks.

Re: Multiple music videos and audios (different instruments) 1 month ago #221433

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 month ago
Please don't double post. You have received an answer in your other post. I have now combined this with that thread. If you need more detailed explanations, please ask for them.
Last Edit: 1 month ago by jwrl.

Re: Multiple music videos and audios (different instruments) 1 month ago #221438

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Hello,

I don't understand exactly what material you are dealing with. Did you record the instruments simultaneously while playing the piece of music together or somehow one by one. If the latter, how did you ensure that they are synchronized?

Re: Multiple music videos and audios (different instruments) 4 weeks, 1 day ago #221441

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 weeks, 1 day ago
FWIW

I've linked to the video below already elsewhere, because it makes the basic approach with multicam recordings not recorded simultaneously pretty obvious:

It's all about answering two questions: What are the artists listening to while playing to create the perfect illusion of them playing together simultaneously and, what are the audio recordings on location good for?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.42 seconds
Scroll To Top