Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Audio "Drifting" with Same Audio Sample Rates...

Re: Audio "Drifting" with Same Audio Sample Rates... 6 months, 1 week ago #171232

• khaver
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 months, 1 week ago
For the sermon videos I do for my church, we use 2 similar Canon camcorders running on battery, one gets a feed from the soundboard. The soundboard also records to a hard drive, which I use to replace the camcorder sound. Even with the sermons lasting from 40 to 50 minutes, everything stays in perfect sync in Lightworks. I think the accuracy of oscillators is much greater in equipment these days.
Work Comp: Retired!
Home Comp: Newer! Bigger! Faster!
Send me a tip: paypal.me/4khaver

Re: Audio "Drifting" with Same Audio Sample Rates... 6 months, 1 week ago #171264

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 months, 1 week ago
hugly wrote:
donkpow wrote:
there have been instances when projects with material of different sampling frequency have played back at incorrect speeds.

Donkpow,

I've just started some test runs with different audio files and formats in order to check some reported and most likely already fixed audio issues.

Because all my tests so far have shown that no audio file in whatever supported format with sample rate of 32, 44.1, or 48 kHz has caused any problem with audio sync or pitch shift after ingest with proper settings with V14.1, would you mind providing some audio files which show issues with pitch or playback speed when ingested?
Have you created a project and imported multiple audio files with different sampling rates into the project?
HP Z600 5570
PNY Quadro K620
SB Audigy SE
Windows 7 Pro
ShuttlePRO v2

Re: Audio "Drifting" with Same Audio Sample Rates... 6 months, 1 week ago #171267

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 months, 1 week ago
Yes I have, with V14.1 no problem so far, with V14.0 only the known bug with pre-ingest sync.

Would be helpful to have some audio files which force the issue, or even better a project backup including media, to directly reproduce, might be helpful for devs as well.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Audio "Drifting" with Same Audio Sample Rates... 6 months, 1 week ago #171277

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 months, 1 week ago
hugly wrote:
Yes I have, with V14.1 no problem so far, with V14.0 only the known bug with pre-ingest sync.

Would be helpful to have some audio files which force the issue, or even better a project backup including media, to directly reproduce, might be helpful for devs as well.
Have you run a test series that includes compressed formats?
HP Z600 5570
PNY Quadro K620
SB Audigy SE
Windows 7 Pro
ShuttlePRO v2

Re: Audio "Drifting" with Same Audio Sample Rates... 6 months, 1 week ago #171282

• David Rasberry
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 months, 1 week ago
Haven't played around with my Harrison Mixbus install yet. But I have a theatrical performance video I need to do some minor level adjustments and compression for.
The edited video is in sync in Lightworks and in the .MP4 export. If I get the time, I'll do the DAW pass this weekend.
1 hour 20 minute continuous recording. That should be a pretty good test.
Razz

Digital Bolex 2k Cinema DNG raw camera
Canon GL2 DV camcorder
iPAD Mini 3 Iographer rig

Workstation: Intel i7-4770k, Asrock Z87 Thunderbolt 2 MB, 16GB 1866 DDR3 ram,
2TB Seagate Hybrid system drive, 2TB Seagate NAS media drive, E-sata III hot swap drive bay, Nvidia GTX760 2GB GPU
Lightworks kybrd. Shuttlepro v2
Win10 Pro 64bit, Lightworks 14.0 64bit

Mobile Workstation: MSI GTX72 Dominator
Intel i7-6700HQ 2.7GHz Win10 64bit
16GB DDR4 ram, 500GB M.2 SSD
Nvidia GTX970 3GB GPU
USB3, USB3.1-C, Thunderbolt 3 ports
Shuttlepro2 Win10 64bit LW 14.0 64 bit

Re: Audio "Drifting" with Same Audio Sample Rates... 6 months, 1 week ago #171285

• gr00by
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 months, 1 week ago
Sorry for OT.

David, may I ask you about Mixbus? Why did you choose it? Why not Ardour? I'm considering buying Mixbus, too. I read about Mixbus features, I downloaded demo, but your opinion will be closer to the truth

Can you control Mixbus with ShuttlePro2? I'm playing with my custom driver for Ardour & Shuttle, because I'd like to have similar navigation for NLE and DAW using same hand, same or similar keys and jog/shuttle. EDIT: knowing that there are dedicated consoles for Mixbus, using ShuttlePro2 may be stupid.

BR,
Marcin
Canon C100 -- Manjaro Linux User
Last Edit: 6 months, 1 week ago by gr00by.

Re: Audio "Drifting" with Same Audio Sample Rates... 6 months, 1 week ago #171288

• David Rasberry
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 months, 1 week ago
gr00by wrote:
Sorry for OT.

David, may I ask you about Mixbus? Why did you choose it? Why not Ardour? I'm considering buying Mixbus, too. I read about Mixbus features, I downloaded demo, but your opinion will be closer to the truth

Can you control Mixbus with ShuttlePro2? I'm playing with my custom driver for Ardour & Shuttle, because I'd like to have similar navigation for NLE and DAW using same hand, same or similar keys and jog/shuttle. EDIT: knowing that there are dedicated consoles for Mixbus, using ShuttlePro2 may be stupid.

BR,
Marcin

Ha! I haven’t had time to learn it or use it on a project yet. Pretty much picked it because I like the console GUI and it was on sale. Plus it has some nice audio for video features: import/export video with audio, video window, SMPTE LTC read/write.
I will probably set up a touchscreen interface for my iPad rather than use the Shuttlepro. I have ideas about timecode syncing it to Lightworks so I can run them together. But that will have to wait until I replace my dead desktop workstation.
Razz

Digital Bolex 2k Cinema DNG raw camera
Canon GL2 DV camcorder
iPAD Mini 3 Iographer rig

Workstation: Intel i7-4770k, Asrock Z87 Thunderbolt 2 MB, 16GB 1866 DDR3 ram,
2TB Seagate Hybrid system drive, 2TB Seagate NAS media drive, E-sata III hot swap drive bay, Nvidia GTX760 2GB GPU
Lightworks kybrd. Shuttlepro v2
Win10 Pro 64bit, Lightworks 14.0 64bit

Mobile Workstation: MSI GTX72 Dominator
Intel i7-6700HQ 2.7GHz Win10 64bit
16GB DDR4 ram, 500GB M.2 SSD
Nvidia GTX970 3GB GPU
USB3, USB3.1-C, Thunderbolt 3 ports
Shuttlepro2 Win10 64bit LW 14.0 64 bit
Last Edit: 6 months, 1 week ago by David Rasberry.
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds
Scroll To Top