Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Edit Locked (Read Only) by myself (Owner is me)

Edit Locked (Read Only) by myself (Owner is me) 4 years, 1 month ago #101956

• Cupropituvanso
  • Pro User
  • Junior Boarder
  • 4 years, 1 month ago
I have something funny ... maybe my last exiting of the App was not clean.
The Edit is locked by "myself". It is shown my Computername-2.

I know I can now make a copy of that, but I hope to find a cleaner solution for that like editing any file or so?

I have not found anything in the forum about that.

(I am using a MAC, but I am sure the filestructure inside the project is the same, isn't it?)

Re: Edit Locked (Read Only) by myself (Owner is me) 4 years, 1 month ago #101965

• rhinox202
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 years, 1 month ago
This has come up before though I wasn't able to find it with a quick search. Anyway, if I recall correctly, there's an easy fix.

Open your project in Lightworks, click the Project Details button (top left by exit) and then click the directory next to Location on the Details tab. This will open the directory where your project is stored. Close Lightworks. Now open the "Rooms" directory in the file browser that opened and delete any files that have the word "lock" in them. Open Lightworks and you should be back in business.
Intel Core 2 Quad (Q6600) :: 4GB :: 256GB SSD :: 1TB HD :: EVGA Geforce GTX 1050 Ti :: Win 10 Pro (1709) :: Lwks 14.1 Beta

Re: Edit Locked (Read Only) by myself (Owner is me) 4 years, 1 month ago #101967

• lghtwrks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 years, 1 month ago
I think Cupropituvanso means the edit, not a locked room.
I requested an override some years ago if machines go offline. afaik the dev-team implemented it as a setting: "Administrator 1" in config.dat.
I don't know if that still works, you could give it a try...

greets
simon

Re: Edit Locked (Read Only) by myself (Owner is me) 4 years, 1 month ago #101974

• rhinox202
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 years, 1 month ago
My fault! I should have read it slower. Tunnel vision on "locked".
Intel Core 2 Quad (Q6600) :: 4GB :: 256GB SSD :: 1TB HD :: EVGA Geforce GTX 1050 Ti :: Win 10 Pro (1709) :: Lwks 14.1 Beta

Re: Edit Locked (Read Only) by myself (Owner is me) 4 years, 1 month ago #102042

• Cupropituvanso
  • Pro User
  • Junior Boarder
  • 4 years, 1 month ago
I have found out that the hostname of my Mac has changed to (******-2).
After I have changed the Hostname back the lock was away.

Thanks for the tipps ... Mabye other with so problems can use it
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds
Scroll To Top