Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: This company can burn

This company can burn 2 weeks ago #226882

• JosephC27
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 weeks ago
I just spent the last two hours editing a video only to find out I can't actually export in 4k without buying a licence. You should have made the limitations of the trial version clear instead of wasting people's time. You're never getting my money now.

Re: This company can burn 2 weeks ago #226883

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks ago
Hello,

I'm not with Lwks nor do I earn any money with my contribution here, just a user of the software. I dislike your tone.

The free version is what it says, a free version, no costs. It isn't a trial version, you can use it as long as you like. Basically it's full featured Lightworks Pro with limited export resolution, that's it, no watermarks, no adware, no obligations. Most users of the free version like exactly that.

On the Shop page the difference is clearly shown.

Since this is a user forum, I think nobody here will complain if you move on searching for a solution which meets your needs.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 2 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: This company can burn 2 weeks ago #226885

• JosephC27
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 weeks ago
hugly wrote:
Hello,

I'm not with Lwks nor do I earn any money with my contribution here, just a user of the software. I dislike your tone.

The free version is what it says, a free version, no costs. It isn't a trial version, you can use it as long as you like. Basically it's full featured Lightworks Pro with limited export resolution, that's it, no watermarks, no adware, no obligations. Most users of the free version like exactly that.

On the Shop page the difference is clearly shown.

Since this is a user forum, I think nobody here will complain if you move on searching for a solution which meets your needs.

Yea, that's fine if you don't like my tone. It wasn't meant to be pleasant. Lmao.

Re: This company can burn 1 week, 6 days ago #226887

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 6 days ago
I have to correct myself, the version comparison isn't listed under the Shop page, but I under the Product page. This is the direct link to it:

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=102&Itemid=213
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: This company can burn 1 week, 6 days ago #226889

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 6 days ago
I'm not a member of Lightworks staff, I'm a user who moderates on the forum.

The 720p limit on the free version is mentioned on many of the online reviews of Lightworks. It's also on the license comparison page on the site. You don't get watermarks when you export and you get most of the Pro features in the free version.

The product overview page says this

Video editing for everyone

For those just stepping into video making, Lightworks offers a FREE license version with all the tools – the only restriction is on output formats. The Lightworks Pro license can be purchased as needed; go monthly, annually or get the outright license, which includes Boris Graffiti and FX packages.

"Output formats" has a link to the above comparison page.

There is no trial version as such, just you have a week to register, then. once you've done so, you can keep using it for as long as you like.

The licensing system is very flexible, if you've got a 4k project that you wish to export, you can take out a one month Pro license. After it expires Lightworks reverts to the free version. With that you could edit a feature film for months and then take out this license just for the export. Many users find this useful.
Last Edit: 1 week, 6 days ago by briandrys.

Re: This company can burn 1 week, 5 days ago #227026

• SepiaStudios
  • Edu User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 1 week, 5 days ago
JosephC27 wrote:
You should have made the limitations of the trial version clear instead of wasting people's time.

I'm just a user, but perhaps you should have read the license comparison page before threatening arson on the forum?

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=102&Itemid=213

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Screenshot: LWKS Website "Comparison: Free vs Pro"

I've complained a lot about lack of documentation or communication in the past, but they've made this particular subject *very* clear.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds
Scroll To Top