Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Excessive double clicking

Excessive double clicking 4 months ago #199620

• Casey1nv
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 months ago
Why must I double click to open a project? Single clicking does nothing, so why is the extra input (the double click) required?

In the "Project Contents" tab, why must I double click on a video to move it to the viewer and display its metadata? Again, single clicking does nothing, so why is the extra input required?

The repetition and redundancy of the above paragraphs were very intentional.

P.S. - I realize this is a small complaint.

Re: Excessive double clicking 4 months ago #199623

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months ago
Good day,

Rare question.

I would think, it is as it is, because of common operating system standards. The first click selects an object to give focus for further processing, e.g. with context menus, a double-click opens/starts it.

In project browser I can imagine a single click to open the project would be sufficient. In Project Contents, in general on all panels where multiple objects can be selected for processing, it surely isn't. You can drag and drop clips into the viewer, or directly into the timeline, if you don't like double-clicks. To display metadata you can select a clip (one click) and press F4-key to open the metadata panel. There er multiple ways to apply VFX, thus it has to be selectable prior to selecting the method from the drop-down. The double click is there, just for convenience with limited functionality.

Do you run OSX or use a touch screen?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 4 months ago by hugly.

Re: Excessive double clicking 4 months ago #199639

• Casey1nv
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 months ago
Ah, I didn't realize many of those things! Thank you for explaining. And no, I'm running Windows 10 with a keyboard and mouse.

Exporting "HAP" via LWKS 4 months ago #199642

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months ago
Casey1nv wrote:
Ah, I didn't realize many of those things! Thank you for explaining. And no, I'm running Windows 10 with a keyboard and mouse.

Compared with others, Lightworks has only a few controls on the surface, which makes starting with the software quite easy. If you haven't watched it already, this is the Quick Start video tutorial.

Most of the function of the software are accessible from context menus via right-click and/or executable via keyboard shortcuts. There are many of those.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 4 months ago by hugly.

Re: Exporting "HAP" via LWKS 4 months ago #199729

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 4 months ago
User lghtwrks started a discussion unrelated to this thread here. It has been moved to Exporting "HAP" via LWKS.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds
Scroll To Top