Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [Solved] 3D DVE rotating image keeps spinning around its 0 degree axis

[Solved] 3D DVE rotating image keeps spinning around its 0 degree axis 1 month ago #230813

• Crocalu
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Hi,

whenever I'm using the 3D DVE effect to have an image rotate in multiple directions, when I tell it to go from 359 to 0 or in the opposite direction, the image does a ~360 degree every time because it can't cross its own axis or something.

Does anyone know how to overcome this issue?
I just want it to not spin around in a fully circle to move a few degrees
Last Edit: 1 month ago by Crocalu.

Re: 3D DVE rotating image keeps spinning around its 0 degree axis 1 month ago #230817

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Hello,

What I do to overcome this issue is entering the values manually in Graphs view: E.g. -5 for rotating left by 5 degrees, 7 for rotating right by 7 degrees.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: 3D DVE rotating image keeps spinning around its 0 degree axis 1 month ago #230818

• Crocalu
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month ago
That did the trick for now, thanks!

Although the graph system is very new and weird to me, I should start using it more

Re: 3D DVE rotating image keeps spinning around its 0 degree axis 1 month ago #230819

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
You can enter the values also in the Settings view. The Graphs view has advantages when working on more complex keyframe setups.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: [Solved] 3D DVE rotating image keeps spinning around its 0 degree axis 1 month ago #230826

• schrauber
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Crocalu wrote:
I just want it to not spin around in a fully circle to move a few degrees

If you don't need a background input, then you can use the "Spin zoom" user effect instead of the 3D DVE effect. For example, you can simply keyframe the "Angle Fine" slider.

If, depending on the rotation and zoom settings, areas outside the original frame borders become visible, then you can choose whether this background should be black-transparent, or whether the effect should, for example, mirror the frame edges (synthetic background).
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 2020.1.1 & Beta 2021.x; || Windows 10 Home 1909, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)

Re: [Solved] 3D DVE rotating image keeps spinning around its 0 degree axis 1 month ago #230836

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 month ago
Crocalu wrote:
whenever I'm using the 3D DVE effect to have an image rotate in multiple directions, when I tell it to go from 359 to 0 or in the opposite direction, the image does a ~360 degree every time because it can't cross its own axis or something.

The fix for this is simple. Just go to your first keyframe and type a value of 1 in the whole turns box.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: [Solved] 3D DVE rotating image keeps spinning around its 0 degree axis 1 month ago #230842

• Crocalu
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Cool, that seems like an even better solution than the manual graph input method

Re: [Solved] 3D DVE rotating image keeps spinning around its 0 degree axis 1 month ago #230843

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 month ago
Yup. That box seems to be easy to overlook, for some reason. But it is definitely very useful.

And of course if you're rotating the other way from 357 to 0, the 1 would go in the second keyframe's whole turns box.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds
Scroll To Top