Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: NOOB questions regarding 3d stuff and lightworks

NOOB questions regarding 3d stuff and lightworks 6 months ago #214403

Hey everyone!

I would like to ask if anyone can point me to any direction as to how i can add 3d animations/objects/thingy to my videos. i'm a total beginner.

so far, my background and questions are as follows:

1. I have just started using Lightworks and have made about 3 videos now. I acquire new techniques every shoot and edit. Feel free to critique my work on youtube "Kwentong Barbero Studios". It's in filipino, but any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. I have seen videos regarding Blender. they also say that Blender is a video editting tool, 3d modeling, 3d rendering, 3d others, and more. i have also seen other people in this forum saying, "make the 3d model in blender then import in lightworks for cut/finish".

3. can anyone please give me more insight on how the #2 statement works? maybe a little in depth, but not too deep. what does cut/finish mean? after importing, how do i make the 3d object move? what if it's a suit like ironman, how do i make it move? what if i want to make effects like flashy glowing hands or "abracadabra!" swirl, etc, is it 3d or is it just normal editing?

im so sorry for asking too many questions. but, thanks in advance!

Re: NOOB questions regarding 3d stuff and lightworks 6 months ago #214404

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 6 months ago
Welcome to the forum.

I assume you wish to adjust the position of your imported "3D" image, rather than creating a 3D video.

You can use the 3D DVE or the 2D DVE, depending on what you wish to do. However, you will been to render out your objects in Blender, because you can't change your view of the object within Lightworks.

3D editing is a Pro license feature, which basically allows you to edit stereoscopic 3D media.

Re: NOOB questions regarding 3d stuff and lightworks 6 months ago #214405

Sorry, just to clarify..

i wish to put 3d thingy in my videos like maybe making my hands glow or turn my hands into stone/etc. i can do this by using 3D DVE and 2D DVE?

if i get the pro license, does that mean i can move my 3d model which i have imported? or does that mean, i can make 3d model with lightworks?

thanks in advance.

Re: NOOB questions regarding 3d stuff and lightworks 6 months ago #214409

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 months ago
Apart from the special case of stereoscopic, you can import and export in Lightworks in the 2 dimensions X and Y. I assume that you do not want to use stereoscopic.
If you have a program that creates a virtual 3D object (X , Y and Z dimensions), then this program should output 2D media. If you want to view this 3D object from different angles, then you should perform this rotation in the 3D program (e.g. a video game).
In Lightworks it will then be imported as normal 2D video, edited and exported.

In the 3D DVE effect you can change the 3 dimensions X, Y, and Z, but this is not real 3D editing. The Z dimension is only used as a kind of zoom, and to calculate the necessary distortion when changing the viewing angle.

chongkevindee wrote:
.. i wish to put 3d thingy in my videos like maybe making my hands glow or turn my hands into stone/etc. i can do this by using 3D DVE and 2D DVE? ..

No, DVE effects can move, zoom, crop, rotate the video etc.

chongkevindee wrote:
.. making my hands glow ..

You can apply color corrections to certain areas of the video e.g. through masking. If the hand moves, however, you must manually keyframe. A separate thread would probably make sense for details. Before that, you should get to know the Lightworks effects a bit.

chongkevindee wrote:
.. swirl ...

There are simple 2D Whirl effects that have been developed by users and can be imported into Lightworks:
- Overview of the effects developed by users.

- An effect example.
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 2020.1; || Windows 10, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || shared RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)
Last Edit: 6 months ago by schrauber.

Re: NOOB questions regarding 3d stuff and lightworks 6 months ago #214412

thank you very much!! this is very helpful!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds
Scroll To Top