Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can't Connect to Licensing Server

Can't Connect to Licensing Server 3 years, 8 months ago #85402

• kadlecken
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 years, 8 months ago
I'm new to the program. I used it a couple of weeks ago then when I went back this last Friday to use it, I saw I had lost my license (understood, as I have free version) and had to log back in to get another week's worth of use. I tried, and I got the message that the program couldn't connect to the licensing server. I thought maybe I'd forgotten my password, so I successfully went through the process of changing that, but that still didn't work. I've tried multiple times yesterday and today with no success. Is there some magic wand I'm missing? How can I access the program so I can complete the video I wanted to finish last week?

Thanks for any and all responses.

Re: Can't Connect to Licensing Server 3 years, 8 months ago #85480

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
    Pro User
  • Administrator
  • 3 years, 8 months ago
The webteam ( This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ) have emailed you.
Last Edit: 3 years, 8 months ago by Site Admin.

Re: Can't Connect to Licensing Server 3 years, 8 months ago #85909

• Andurz555
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 years, 8 months ago
Mine's doing the exact same thing. Been having this problem a lot, I even made a new account and hoped that would help last time, but it still won't work, what can I do to stop this from happening as it is really frustrating.

Re: Can't Connect to Licensing Server 3 years, 8 months ago #85916

• woodzu123
  • Administrator
    Pro User
  • Administrator
  • 3 years, 8 months ago
Hi Andurz555

If you connect to the Internet via a proxy server on the system please open port TCP/443 on the Firewall and allow access to els.editshare.co.uk for the Lightworks applications.

If there is no Internet connection on the system you can either temporarily add one for the duration of the activation (1min) or use the offline activation process. The offline process is detailed in the "Installation and Activation Guide" Available on the Documents tab of the Downloads page: www.lwks.com/downloads

Hope this helps,

Peter
Lightworks WebTeam

Re: Can't Connect to Licensing Server 3 years, 7 months ago #87825

• EgroegT
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 years, 7 months ago
Just registered the programme and trying to use it for the first time get the "licence Expired" and zilch else. Running Windows 8.1. Internet is working fine for all other applications. Not a clue what or where to go with "opening port TCP/443" Any other suggestions

Re: Can't Connect to Licensing Server 3 years, 7 months ago #87836

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 3 years, 7 months ago
Welcome to the forum,

When initially trying to solve a Lightworks problem, it can be worthwhile checking FAQ in the help menu.

For this issue it says:

"If you are a Lightworks Free license user, make sure you are running the latest version (12.x), available from the Downloads pages. If you have the latest version, but the issue still occurs, please Report a problem.

If you are a Lightworks Pro license owner, visit the Activations page and confirm that the license is date-valid. If the license is within date and should therefore activate, please Report a problem. If the license has expired, you can purchase a new one in the Shop."

However, if this doesn't solve your issue do come back.

Re: Can't Connect to Licensing Server 3 years, 3 months ago #94621

• TC537
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 years, 3 months ago
Hi, sorry but I'm a newbie.
I just downloaded Lightworks. When I start the program, I get "licence expired." I see from the FAQ that I should open port 443. I have opened port 443 for TCP, but where do I enter "els.editshare.co.uk" to allow that site to access through the port?
thanks

Re: Can't Connect to Licensing Server 3 years, 3 months ago #94623

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
    Pro User
  • Administrator
  • 3 years, 3 months ago
Hi,

See this page: http://www.lwks.com/troubleshooting

This section:
How to test your connection to the activation server

If you run the test and it passes, you should be able to activate the software.
If the information on the Troubleshooting page doesn't help you to solve it, please email This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .

Re: Can't Connect to Licensing Server 3 years, 3 months ago #95028

• Humladumla
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 years, 3 months ago
I've had the same problem. I have tried troubleshooting and following all the instructions in the FAQ but it doesn't work. I tested the connection to the activation server and it worked fine - test passed. What to do? Help please.

Re: Can't Connect to Licensing Server 3 years, 3 months ago #95030

• woodzu123
  • Administrator
    Pro User
  • Administrator
  • 3 years, 3 months ago
Hi Humladumla,

There are multiple topics discussed in this thread.
Are you getting "licence expired" error or "can't connect to licensing server"?
For the latter we provide offline activation procedure which is explained at www.lwks.com/troubleshooting

Hope this helps.

Peter,
Lightworks Webteam

Re: Can't Connect to Licensing Server 3 years, 3 months ago #95031

• Humladumla
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 years, 3 months ago
It's the 'can't connect to licensing server' error. I have only one computer WITH internet connection and cannot switch. If i log in here on lwks.com it seems as if I'm already activated?

Re: Can't Connect to Licensing Server 2 years, 3 months ago #116694

• supsup1001
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 years, 3 months ago
Hi
Can you please help me?
I'n using Morzilla Firefox and yes my internet runs on proxy server. What i don't understand is how to open a port TCP?443 in the Firewall and and allow access to els.editshare.co.uk for the Lightworks applications.
Can you pls elaborate that on more please
Thank you

Re: Can't Connect to Licensing Server 2 years, 3 months ago #116696

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 years, 3 months ago
Read the page Site Admin has provided above carefully and you will probably know.
www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=42&id=85402&Itemid=81#94623
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds
Scroll To Top