Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Adding 1 month subscription to current month subscription - Is it possible?

Adding 1 month subscription to current month subscription - Is it possible? 1 week, 2 days ago #239560

• mremple
  • Pro User
  • Junior Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
Hello,

I took advantage of the recent sale and purchased a monthly subscription at a discounted price. I though, perhaps naively, that it would just add 30 days onto my current monthly subscription (which still has 9 days left). It does not seem this is the case. When I log in, it still says I have 9 days left in my current plan. When I click "Activate Licenses" and sign in, It offers me the new subscription that I just purchased - which I now see expires on June 1 - so I have already lost two days worth of that subscription.

Is there no way to "stack" monthly subscriptions? In other words, do I have to wait until a current subscription actually expires before renewing?

I feel like I now just wasted money on this new subscription as I will only have 3 weeks with it rather than a full month.

Please help!

Thanks all!
Last Edit: 1 week, 2 days ago by mremple.

Re: Adding 1 month subscription to current month subscription - Is it possible? 1 week, 2 days ago #239561

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
I'm not a member of the staff, but the monthly subscription runs from when you purchase it, not from when you activate it.

FAQ says this:

When you purchase a fixed duration license, such as One Month or One Year, the expiry countdown runs from the date of purchase. A license purchased on 01 Jan 2016 will expire on 01 Feb 2016, regardless of the date that the license is actually applied/activated on a system. You cannot purchase multiple one month licenses for future use, as they will expire one month from the purchase date.

Re: Adding 1 month subscription to current month subscription - Is it possible? 1 week, 2 days ago #239562

• mremple
  • Pro User
  • Junior Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
Thanks briandrys.

Seems this answers my question then.

Ah well...live and learn!

Thanks!

Re: Adding 1 month subscription to current month subscription - Is it possible? 1 week, 2 days ago #239565

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
If it's a 50% discount, you're still ahead of the full price if you've got 3 weeks on the new license.

Re: Adding 1 month subscription to current month subscription - Is it possible? 1 week, 2 days ago #239566

• mremple
  • Pro User
  • Junior Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
It was 33%. So I am pretty much right on track with regular pricing!

So I guess my wording of "wasted money" was a bit off. I just missed the deal is all.

Re: Adding 1 month subscription to current month subscription - Is it possible? 1 week, 2 days ago #239588

• David Rasberry
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
Based on my past experience,licenses run consecutively. Your new license will begin when your old one expires.
That is certainly the case with the times I have taken advantage of an annual license sale when my current one was still running.
You don't want to activate the new license until your current one expires.
Razz

Digital Bolex 2k Cinema DNG raw camera
Canon GL2 DV camcorder
iPAD Mini 3 Iographer rig
iPhone 12 Pro

Mobile Workstation: MSI GTX72 Dominator
Intel i7-6700HQ 2.7GHz Win10 64bit
16GB DDR4 ram, 500GB M.2 SSD
Nvidia GTX970 3GB GPU
USB3, USB3.1-C, Thunderbolt 3 ports
Up to 12TB of external media drives attached.
Shuttlepro2 Win10Pro 64bit LW 2020.1 release 64 bit

Re: Adding 1 month subscription to current month subscription - Is it possible? 1 week, 2 days ago #239590

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
All my year license run from date of purchase, not date of activation. That might be different with month licenses, but I would not rely on pure guessing of others, but contact LWKS directly with your questions.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 week, 2 days ago by hugly.

Re: Adding 1 month subscription to current month subscription - Is it possible? 1 week, 2 days ago #239593

• David Rasberry
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
hugly wrote:
All my year license run from date of purchase, not date of activation. That might be different with month licenses, but I would not rely on pure guessing of others, but contact LWKS directly with your questions.

Have you bought a new one before the last one expired? Several times I have bought an annual license on sale a month or more before the current one ran out. The new one did not start the clock until the old one ran out unless I activated it separately, in which case I had two concurrent licenses running.
Don't know if that applies to the one month license or not though.
Razz

Digital Bolex 2k Cinema DNG raw camera
Canon GL2 DV camcorder
iPAD Mini 3 Iographer rig
iPhone 12 Pro

Mobile Workstation: MSI GTX72 Dominator
Intel i7-6700HQ 2.7GHz Win10 64bit
16GB DDR4 ram, 500GB M.2 SSD
Nvidia GTX970 3GB GPU
USB3, USB3.1-C, Thunderbolt 3 ports
Up to 12TB of external media drives attached.
Shuttlepro2 Win10Pro 64bit LW 2020.1 release 64 bit
Last Edit: 1 week, 2 days ago by David Rasberry.

Re: Adding 1 month subscription to current month subscription - Is it possible? 1 week, 1 day ago #239598

• schrauber
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
David Rasberry wrote:
... Several times I have bought an annual license on sale a month or more before the current one ran out. The new one did not start the clock until the old one ran out ...
When did the activation become inactive?
12 months after activation, or 11 months after activation, if you activated an annual license one month after the license purchase?

Or in other words, inactive 13 after purchase, or 12 months after purchase?
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 2021.2 || Windows 10 Home, 20H2, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)
Last Edit: 1 week, 1 day ago by schrauber.

Re: Adding 1 month subscription to current month subscription - Is it possible? 1 week, 1 day ago #239605

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
David Rasberry wrote:
Have you bought a new one before the last one expired?
Yes, three times, but since we don't know how the internal logic works that might have been changed over time or may have bugs. However, what I saw matches the FAQ:

briandrys wrote:
FAQ says this:

When you purchase a fixed duration license, such as One Month or One Year, the expiry countdown runs from the date of purchase. A license purchased on 01 Jan 2016 will expire on 01 Feb 2016, regardless of the date that the license is actually applied/activated on a system. You cannot purchase multiple one month licenses for future use, as they will expire one month from the purchase date.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds
Scroll To Top