Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: I'll upgrade/spy glasses/same LUT LumaFusion-Lwks

I'll upgrade/spy glasses/same LUT LumaFusion-Lwks 2 weeks, 6 days ago #218000

• dbgat6
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 6 days ago
I will upgrade to Pro Outright license soon just to be able to export in 1080p. What other benefits will I get worth mentioning? I will get Boris FX and Graffiti then - any tips etc? I just bought professional spy glasses in Sweden for equaling above 200 USD and they are 30 fps (and 1080p) so to have it easy I will continue with Canon M50 in 29,97 fps NTSC and iPhone 11 in 30 fps. I think it's good enough; no need to strive for 24/25 for YouTube. I learned a lot from this forum to become a Lightworker never done a video in my life before. Thanks to you who answered my simple amateur questions and especially to hugly. However, there is one thing that I didn't solve yet: I have different LUTs in my iPhone 11 (Sunny afternoon) and in Lightworks (GH4 Cinelike D to Rec 709 from ColorgradingCentral). I'm a comedian so I don't want "dark" LUTs. Is there a LUT similar to the ones that I use now and that I can use both in LumaFusion on my iPhone 11 and in Lightworks on my PC?

Re: I'll upgrade/spy glasses/same LUT LumaFusion-Lwks 2 weeks, 6 days ago #218017

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 6 days ago
Hello,

Thank you for your kind words.

Lightworks 2020 supports 3D LUTs in cube format from various sources very well. I gather it's possible to load 3D cube LUTs in LumaFusion, thus it should be possible to use all LUTs which work in Lightworks on both platforms. If LumaFusion is able to export cube LUTs, test them in Lightworks and see what happens.

I recently tested a lot of LUTs and purchased some. I found the best set (for my taste) of free grading LUTs, working from/to Rec709 with nice skin tones, here:
www.freepresets.com/product-category/free-luts-color-lookup-table/
In total 36 free LUTs, unfortunately downloadable only one by one, but it's worth it. They work with Lightworks 2020, but not with v14.5. I can't say if they work with LumaFusion. Let us know if you decide testing some.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 2 weeks, 6 days ago by hugly.

Re: I'll upgrade/spy glasses/same LUT LumaFusion-Lwks 2 weeks, 4 days ago #218185

• arniepix
    Pro User
  • 2 weeks, 4 days ago
The versions of Boris Effects and Boris Graffiti that are bundled with the annual and permanent licenses are legacy versions that aren't really supported anymore.

The current equivalent product from Boris is Continuum Complete, which includes Title Studio. Sadly, these are not compatible with the current release of Lightworks, but I hope they will be compatible in the near future as Lightworks moves into an OFX based engine.
I work in Manhattan, USA, but at night I cross the waters to sleep in Brooklyn, USA.

Also, post production is not an afterthought!

Re: I'll upgrade/spy glasses/same LUT LumaFusion-Lwks 1 week, 6 days ago #218466

• dbgat6
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 1 week, 6 days ago
Ok. At the moment I am mostly interested in creating a nice animated title intro - will that be possible in the pro version of Lwks (which I will get soon anyway) with the stuff that comes with Lwks Pro only? If so can you link to examples?

So these presets from Boris FX I can't use at the moment? borisfx.com/training/free-presets-and-projects/

Then why are LWKS writing on this official site that Boris FX (and Grafitti) is included in the Pro Outright License if it is not working?

Re: I'll upgrade/spy glasses/same LUT LumaFusion-Lwks 1 week, 6 days ago #218468

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 6 days ago
As a matter of interest, referring to your initial questions, have you been able to use some LUTs on both systems and have you tried any of the Presetpro LUTs I linked to above?

Re: I'll upgrade/spy glasses/same LUT LumaFusion-Lwks 1 week, 5 days ago #218480

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 5 days ago
dbgat6 wrote:
.. Boris FX (and Grafitti) is included ...

I don't know if it still makes sense to invest your time learning the old Boris packages?
Note the current announcement:
The Boris FX agreement is slowly being phased out. The Lightworks Pro Year license now only comes with Boris Graffiti included, there is no longer any ability to select the Boris FX package. Over the coming months we will be slowly ending the promotion altogether, which means Lightworks Pro licenses will no longer include the Boris packages. This is due to the older FX architecture that requires an overhaul. We hope to include OpenFX in a future version allowing for much better partnerships with FX companies.
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 2020.1; || Windows 10, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || shared RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)

Re: I'll upgrade/spy glasses/same LUT LumaFusion-Lwks 1 week, 5 days ago #218482

• timzett
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 5 days ago
schrauber wrote:
...current announcement:
...Lightworks Pro licenses will no longer include the Boris packages... We hope to include OpenFX in a future version allowing for much better partnerships with FX companies.

...which is an immense limitation for new pro subscribers (or buyers), compared to what the product offered up to now.
Let's hope that won't become too much of a show-stopper for potentially new customers.
Lwks x64 2020.1 revision 122068, pro license, on Windows 10

HARDWARE:
.Intel Core i7-4710HQ Quad-core 2,50 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
.GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M with 4 GB RAM
.Sound: Onboard (Realtek)
.Disks: 250 GB SSD internal (OS/programs), 1 TB SATA internal for source footage

CAMs: Sony PXW-X70, NEX-5n, Xiaomi Yi 1080p
Last Edit: 1 week, 5 days ago by timzett.

Re: I'll upgrade/spy glasses/same LUT LumaFusion-Lwks 1 week, 5 days ago #218491

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 5 days ago
I have both, Boris FX and Graffiti and I even use them from time to time. The plugins aren't a particular strength of Lightworks, in my view.

Due to the low traffic on Boris plugins on this forum, I suspect that not many people use them. They may have attracted some customers to purchase the product, but I doubt that the Boris plugins have ever been the reason to stay with Lightworks.

Re: I'll upgrade/spy glasses/same LUT LumaFusion-Lwks 1 week, 5 days ago #218497

• dbgat6
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 1 week, 5 days ago
@hugly
I found another LUT that I liked more and this one the same one is working in both Lwks and in LumaFusion. It's FiLMiC deLogV2. But I don't use the FilmicPro app on my Iphone 11 yet.

I still wonder about what better titles in Lwks Pro compared to the the ones in the free version I will be able to use when I upgrade - more alternatives I guess and are they animated? Can you link to examples?

Re: I'll upgrade/spy glasses/same LUT LumaFusion-Lwks 1 week, 5 days ago #218514

• timzett
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 5 days ago
hugly wrote:
Due to the low traffic on Boris plugins on this forum, I suspect that not many people use them.
Maybe that is because if someone has an issue with one of the two, he/she is rather around here for instance:
forum.borisfx.com/t/lightworks-boris-graffiti-motion-path-movie-file/6654

Anyway, I agree that Lightworks is also cool without both, however it can do things or things better, which Lightworks alone cannot. Think about the other current thread regarding the rendering quality of text in titles for example (referring to Boris Graffiti).

HARDWARE:
.Disks: 250 GB SSD internal (OS/programs), 1 TB SATA internal for source footage

Last Edit: 1 week, 5 days ago by timzett.

Re: I'll upgrade/spy glasses/same LUT LumaFusion-Lwks 1 week, 5 days ago #218518

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 5 days ago
dbgat6 wrote:
I still wonder about what better titles in Lwks Pro compared to the the ones in the free version I will be able to use when I upgrade - more alternatives I guess and are they animated? Can you link to examples?
The build in effects and access to the user effects is the same in the Pro and the Free version. You can animate all Lightworks text effects with keyframes. The benefit of the build-in effects is that they are fast and easy to use.

With Boris Graffiti you can create all sorts of text effects. However, it needs some computer power to work with acceptable performance and it has a steep learning curve but, as soon as you've climbed the mountains, you can do things like this:

Last Edit: 1 week, 5 days ago by hugly.

Re: I'll upgrade/spy glasses/same LUT LumaFusion-Lwks 1 week, 4 days ago #218596

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 4 days ago
timzett wrote:
schrauber wrote:
...current announcement:
...Lightworks Pro licenses will no longer include the Boris packages... We hope to include OpenFX in a future version allowing for much better partnerships with FX companies.

...which is an immense limitation for new pro subscribers (or buyers), compared to what the product offered up to now.
Let's hope that won't become too much of a show-stopper for potentially new customers.
To me the announcement sounds as if it is sure that Boris FX will be dropped soon and Graffiti later, but it is by no means sure ("we hope") that there will be any adequate successor?
Last Edit: 1 week, 4 days ago by hugly.

Re: I'll upgrade/spy glasses/same LUT LumaFusion-Lwks 1 week, 4 days ago #218621

• timzett
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 4 days ago
Maybe both will still keep on working with forthcoming Lightworks releases, at least until something else is being offered.

HARDWARE:

Re: I'll upgrade/spy glasses/same LUT LumaFusion-Lwks 1 week, 4 days ago #218630

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 4 days ago
But not Boris FX with the Year License.

.. The Lightworks Pro Year license now only comes with Boris Graffiti included, there is no longer any ability to select the Boris FX package..

The Outright License is probably the only one that still contains the package.
www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_shop&view=shop&Itemid=205
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 2020.1; || Windows 10, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || shared RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds
Scroll To Top