Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Will Black Friday Deals extend into the new version when it is released?

Re: Will Black Friday Deals extend into the new version when it is released? 1 week ago #208951

• G0bble
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 1 week ago
hugly wrote:
On top of this page, right hand side, click on your name next to 'Welcome' and go to 'Licenses and Activations' or use this link:

www.lwks.com/activations

Cool, So I have to download the E2C file when activating the Outright?

G

Re: Will Black Friday Deals extend into the new version when it is released? 1 week ago #208953

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week ago
You can, but the E2C files are supposed to be used for offline activation on systems without internet connection. With a valid internet connection you can activate the license directly from 'System Settings.Licensing.Activate licens(s)..".
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Will Black Friday Deals extend into the new version when it is released? 6 days, 17 hours ago #208990

• TH003
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 6 days, 17 hours ago
Matt Sandford wrote:
og1char wrote:
A question for the Lightworks admins...

The Black Friday deals look good but what happens when the new version comes of out Beta and is released as a new version? Will the deals/licences apply to the new version?

Thanks

Hi,

The Outright license and Year license will support the next version (14.6->renamed to 2020.1) when it is released.

I hope this helps?

Matt

Thank you for the feedback, Matt. This makes my decision to purchase Lightworks during the sale a certainty.

Re: Will Black Friday Deals extend into the new version when it is released? 6 days, 14 hours ago #208998

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 6 days, 14 hours ago
@TH003 Smart move.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: Will Black Friday Deals extend into the new version when it is released? 6 days, 4 hours ago #209022

• TH003
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 6 days, 4 hours ago
RWAV wrote:
@TH003 Smart move.

I made the purchase today, but due to the inability to remove a license from a computer, I probably should not activate the software until later this month when I build a new desktop PC. I am kinda of bummed out, as I wanted to use the Pro version for a short film edit I need to complete this week, but I do not want to lose an activation within my first month of purchase.

Back to the free version for now.
Last Edit: 6 days, 4 hours ago by TH003.

Re: Will Black Friday Deals extend into the new version when it is released? 6 days, 4 hours ago #209023

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 6 days, 4 hours ago
You can edit on the free version, but wait until the Pro version is activated for the export.

Re: Will Black Friday Deals extend into the new version when it is released? 6 days, 3 hours ago #209024

• TH003
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 6 days, 3 hours ago
briandrys wrote:
You can edit on the free version, but wait until the Pro version is activated for the export.

Thanks for the feedback.

I need to deliver this week, which will not allow me time to shop for PC parts and build the new machine. It is not a major issue, as I also have other NLEs: the paid versions of HitFilm Pro 14 and Resolve Studio 16.

With that said, I was really looking forward to digging into the full potential of Lightworks Pro this week, but exercising a little patience is not going to cause any setbacks.

Re: Will Black Friday Deals extend into the new version when it is released? 6 days, 2 hours ago #209025

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 6 days, 2 hours ago
In the given circumstances perhaps one might contact LW to enquire about a one month's 'bridging' Pro for the old machine - at a 'favourable' price.

The flaw with this is perhaps the contact/discuss process might take longer than the remaining schedule.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds
Scroll To Top