Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: pro version lightworks updates

pro version lightworks updates 5 days, 12 hours ago #204849

• peterrios
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 days, 12 hours ago
I was just about to switch from free lightworks to the pro version. Then I noticed it does not include major updates. Any estimates on how much major updates will cost? Thanks.

Re: pro version lightworks updates 5 days, 11 hours ago #204851

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 5 days, 11 hours ago
I've moved this thread out of bugs, since licensing isn't a bug.

Which Pro license are you planning to purchase?

The One Year license includes all updates.

The Outright License includes all the updates for that version (e.g. V14.00, V14.5 etc), these can be quite major updates. You can also upgrade to a new version, the cost is roughly the same as for a one year Pro License.
Last Edit: 5 days, 11 hours ago by briandrys.

Re: pro version lightworks updates 4 days, 14 hours ago #204902

• peterrios
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 days, 14 hours ago
I am talking about the pro version(Lifetime license)$430.

Re: pro version lightworks updates 4 days, 14 hours ago #204907

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 days, 14 hours ago
peterrios wrote:
Any estimates on how much major updates will cost? Thanks.

That's the most recent answer to your question I could find on the forum.

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=40&id=130480&Itemid=81#169079

The mentioned price may have changed and may depend on the date of purchase of the outright license.

For more reliable information, you may wish contacting Lightworks sales directly via e-mail. For contact details, see 'Contact Us' from 'Help' on top of this page.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: pro version lightworks updates 4 days, 14 hours ago #204908

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 4 days, 14 hours ago
You can purchase an upgrade to the next Lightworks version. The upside is that get Boris FX and Boris Graffiti in the bundle, instead of one program.

Re: pro version lightworks updates 3 days, 3 hours ago #204958

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 3 days, 3 hours ago
An outright purchase is for all releases in a series - v10, v11, v12, v14 - upgrade to a new series is at a discounted rate for outright owners. Can't recall the deals at each change-over but most likely owners over that time would have done well.

Given that v14.6.xx will be the final in the 14 series perhaps one needs to do a best-guess on the likely lifespan of v14.6.xx and do the maths on how many months of payment will be the break-even point - factoring in the predicted eventual discounted price.

Of course, as briandrys points out, earlier access to Boris FX and Boris Graffiti in the bundle might be a supporting consideration.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: pro version lightworks updates 2 days, 10 hours ago #205007

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 2 days, 10 hours ago
RWAV wrote:
Of course, as briandrys points out, earlier access to Boris FX and Boris Graffiti in the bundle might be a supporting consideration.

That of course assumes that you're not a Linux user. Boris does not have versions of either package for Linux and has apparently no intention of providing them. They're even less likely to become available for Linux since both programs are now EOL.
Last Edit: 2 days, 10 hours ago by jwrl.

Re: pro version lightworks updates 1 day, 10 hours ago #205070

• peterrios
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 day, 10 hours ago
I am a Linux user. This information will help with my decision, Thanks.

Re: pro version lightworks updates 1 day, 1 hour ago #205091

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 day, 1 hour ago
A side note: The Boris plugins are designed for professional use. There's a steep learning curve to be able to use the tools efficiently, even for simple effects. From my point of view, they are not well suitable for the casual user and the comparably low traffic on the forum referring to Boris effects shows that not many use the plugins.

Lightworks has a reasonable number of build-in effects which are designed for good real time performance, even on not so powerful hardware. Beside of that, a truly large library of user effects exists which are in most cases quite easy to apply and to adjust. Have a look: fx-planet.ovh/effects/
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 day, 1 hour ago by hugly.

Re: pro version lightworks updates 1 day ago #205092

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 day ago
I'm not sure that is a totally accurate statement, since most of the traffic on the forum tends to be from beginners or new users, who are less likely to be using plug ins, regardless of their complexity.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds
Scroll To Top